Shock absorbing bar mounts

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by wallybean, May 4, 2017.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Has anyone tried the bar mounts that absorb shot? I already have flexing bars but want even more help with shock transfer to my shoulder. I hope to start light riding again in June but want to give it as much help as I can.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Havnt tried em(like everything to be tight & rigid tbh) Walt but have you ever tried the thick foam handgrips? Like the old school foam type kids back in the 80's(maybe earlier) used on their pushies. Toby price & a lot of the other front runners use them for the finke desert race down under. I rode with a fella that had real bad elbows he used em on his 15 te300. I rode it but they felt really odd to me. Maybe worth looking into for additional assistance?
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Try BYKAS.com, I believe he has some very nice proven rubber mounted flex bars...tell him teambowles sent ya
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just looked over there for fun as I'm getting to the point that my wrist is getting shot. That's a pretty penny but sorta like the idea of having a rigid bar. Flexx bars are weird to me, but then again I've never ridden them long enough to get used to them.
    Teambowles likes this.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I haven't been on his site in a long time, good family friend and family owned business. Ive ridden his bike with them on it and its very nice and they make a big difference. $229?? Ya I thought they would be cheaper too but as with everything he does its top notch.

Edit: 30 day money back guarantee too wow!!
  6. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I could make those. I might just try it
    Teambowles likes this.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    My mate has this on his 450 and absolutely loves it...l can't say they worked for me as it was a short ride and l felt his steering damper more until l hit the same stretch with my bike and l could feel the jarring through my protaper with stock bar clamps and pillow grips.
    His unit are the Xtrig units http://www.xtrig.com/en/Products/PHDS-System.html - not cheap though!!
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Walt's gone AWOL on this thread!
  9. Teeszy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R , 2016 FE501S
    I recently purchased the PDHS (htm/husky POWERPARTS version of the XTRIG bar mounts)
    From what I've read, there will be no noticeable difference until I purchase the optional soft green elastomers for roughly $30. I have a difficult time believing this, and will be installing them with the included yellow medium density elastomers. I will try my best to remember to reply back later with my initial impressions after a couple hours on the clamps. I will say however that out of the box they look and feel very nice! 20170515_201834.jpg
  10. Teeszy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Contrary to what I wrote, I saved the yellow bands for a rainy day and installed the green ones first. I still feel vibes but the mount helps a lot when you're actually riding, not getting armpump nearly as fast or often any longer. Peace
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Ouch $399! This shock absorption racket commands a steep price.
    NCSteve likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they are never inexpensive. lots of r&d, need to be safe, bullet proof etc and then... limited production. I would think sales in the hundreds not even thousands. its a high value item at low volume. PS I have 2 sets of flexxbars one is reserved for my TX300 the other are cut downs a little less wide that were on my TE310/TXC310
  15. Teeszy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My only gripe with the PDHS is that every time I crash hard it tweaks my bars a bit. This didn't happen as much before, and I fall often lol