1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Selling my 2005 TC250...maybe. lol

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Force10, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Hey Gents!

It's been awhile since I've been here...I unfortunately don't get on my Husky that much since I started racing moto. I saw I got an award for 5 years here...so it's been 5 years since I bought my Husky!

I only ride it maybe twice a year and some parts are near impossible to find...so I figured I'd sell it.

The main reason for parting with it is availability of parts. I kinda only want to sell it to a Husky enthusiast that knows the parts situation. It doesn't feel right selling it to somebody that might not be able to get it fixed if it has problems. I'm going to warn anyone inquiring about it.

Second thing...I'm not sure I want to sell it now! :banghead:

I pulled it out of the garage to take pics of it for the ad...couldn't help thinking it's in great shape and it's been a great bike to me! I took it on a legit motocross track when my Honda was down...it actually did ok even though it's not really a track bike.

I posted it on Craigslist yesterday and then went back and edited the price higher since I had second thoughts.

Here's a some pics:
    IMG_3530.jpg IMG_3531.jpg IMG_3532.jpg IMG_3533.jpg

She's a looker! I think it's the only one for sale in the country at the moment. In five years of track days and rides I've still never seen another one around. Just one TE (not TC).

Just thought I'd share...It's a long post but I haven't been here for awhile!:D
    shrubitup and GrooveThang like this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I rode my TE450 for 11 years. Then I bought my new FE501. The TE sits in the garage, doing nothing, but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to sell it. It wasn't even such a great bike. It didn't handle all that good. The suspension wasn't all that great, even after revalving. It was too heavy, especially front end heavy, and also just difficult for a little old lady to lift off the ground after a tip over. It had a weird powerband, with not much bottom end torque. But I had 11 years of adventures and misadventures with it, with 12000 miles on the original engine components. Maybe it deserves to just rest and retire now.:excuseme:
    GrooveThang and Force10 like this.
  3. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Geez...that's really similar to my thinking. Even though it's only a 250, the suspension and "top heavy" feel made it a workout to ride. I get head shake that wakes me up too. Add the lack of power making gear selection super important and it's a handful! My race 250 is 16lbs lighter and has 9 more horsepower and better suspension...lol.

My bike only has about 50 hours on it total...makes it hard to part with I guess! When I bought it...it had the original tires,sprockets, brake pads etc...it does have a lot of life left in it I think. I only rode it 17 times in the 5 years I've had it...don't know why I don't want to part with it...lol.
  4. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    take up trail riding and try it there. 50 hours? Those old 250F are as reliable as the Yamaha 250F or better. I'd keep it unless you want to try and get 1500-2000$ for it.
    GrooveThang likes this.