Second Set Of Wheels - My Options?

Discussion in '610/630' started by TrailBossAZ, Jan 25, 2015.

1. TrailBossAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda GL1800A
    I'm interested in getting a second set of wheels for my TE630. Stock size wheel sets so I can swap out wheels with different tires already mounted depend on the riding conditions.

Any suggestions for new/good used OEM or aftermarket? Thanks
  2. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    A new set from Woody's in Denver will run you $1,500 - $1,800 (depending on whether you have a Cush hub installed) or a used set is $800 - $1,000 depending on condition.

I've got Woody's building me a set of new wheels right now and I may be selling my stock wheels in a couple of weeks.
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  3. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    I'm running the wheels and brakes from a Honda CBR250R. They were cheap. I had spacers made up to use the Honda axles and made an adapter for the Husky front caliper (see my avatar).
    This gives me a set of road wheels and tyres with a cush drive in about 45 minutes. To be honest, it spends very little time in "dirt" configuration.
    They are a bit narrower than most motard wheels, but with the power and the weight of the 630, 150 is more than enough.
  4. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Most recent model Husky wheels are interchangeable. I've seen used SM wheels for $600-$800, dirt wheels I see fewer around but the ones I've seen are cheaper. You can go to Motostrano and order some Warp 9's (or other spendier brands if you choose). I recently used a set of wheels from a TE510 on my 630, the only difference is the rear rotor is a different size. I have and plan to use a set of wheels from a 450SMR at some point, when I finally get around to it, but mounting the TE rotor to the SM wheels is a bit tricky. There are big SM rotors available and you can get a brake caliper adapter from Warp 9 directly for about $75 shipped.
  5. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I have a new 21" front Husky wheel that I bought with my 2009 510 SM. Used it once on a dual sport ride. Sold the bike. still have the wheel.
  6. Huskymicky818 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04CRF450x2,01&03YZ250,87CR500x2
    I just got off the phone with the sales dept @ Warp 9 and they informed me that THEY DO NOT MAKE A FRONT WHEEL FOR THE SM630 because the front rotor is mounted to a slightly curved disc which their rotor will not line up to, nor will their brake caliper adapter work!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's the word from the source directly!!! Please let me know if you have warp 9 front supermoto wheel and where you got it??
  7. Magus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia SXV550 Aprilia RS125