Seats

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Wizard, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Wizard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    950adv,950sm,DL1000,Dr650,Wr250r
    Hey Ken - Did you ever get your Seat Concepts foam and cover? Would sure love to see what they are offering.

Thanks,
    Jim
  2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    No seat stuff yet. I hope it comes in soon! I'll post when it's in and installed.
  3. BigDog Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM950--KLR--Yamaha WR250R---KTM 450
    I would like to see a much taller seat myself-------stretch my legs out a little.

BigDog
  4. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    +1
  5. Beemermcr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra - "Burro"
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 BMW 1200 GSA, 2000 DRZ400e
    +2
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I peeled this posts out of the terraformers thread - cause these did not seem to fit in with all the racks and custom metal work.
  7. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    I'd like a taller seat too. It also seems like my but only likes one spot on the seat...I can move around some but the spot that "fits" is ...well ...small. I've got the Strada and it's a tiny bit shorter to begin with...so a taller seat is on my short list.
  8. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    And I would love 'lower' seat ;) Possibly wrong so I'll stick with the factory one :thumbsup:

BTW Touratech included replacement seats for TR in their newest catalogue:
    - 'comfort' seat at standard, lower and higher height;
    - 'breathable' seat at standard and higher height.

The latter is a good choice for 'desert' climates so might be good offer for some of you, southern US, riders.

They are not available in the shop yet, I'm afraid.
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Seat Concepts just notified me that my seat is on the way. Plan on reading a report next week after it arrives and I get it stapled on.
    Next, HARDER1, Trapperj and 2 others like this.
  10. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Had them do my KLR seat a while back....loved it
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks great. Will install and report soon. I'm sure it is fantastic like my other 3 Seat Concepts seats. Just in time for spring riding!
    kjackbrown and rajobigguy like this.
  12. rajobigguy Administrator

I can't wait to see pics. The one they did for 610 is awesome and the guys there are great to work with. I just wish that I hadn't gone with the gripper material (My choice) because I do like to slide around on the seat quite a bit and that stuff is like velcro.
  13. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Can't wait to hear your thoughts. My knees start talking to me after awhile in the stock seat. Another 1" or so might be the ticket. (I'm 6' 2")
    Ol'NumNuts likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe it is slightly taller. Might install tonight, will take pix.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did not have time to install it last night (spring break and kids doing lots of stuff) but here is the deal. Looks slightly taller, same width at the rear of your butt but the back lip that keeps your butt from sliding back is shaped better (straight instead of pushed out in the middle). The biggests noticeable change is it is about 1- 1.5 inches narrower where your legs head south. Looks like it will be a very nice seat. The shape is exactly what I would have done to make this seat better.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  16. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I would like to bring this thread back to life.. I'm not satisfied with the seat at all. It kinda wants to roll me forward... into that "hole" you guys are talking about.
    I don't think I'm gonna send my seat State side but wouldn't mind if you guys explain what they do to it. Cut a whole new piece of foam? Is it memory foam?
    Once they have the cover off...do you sit on the old seat to see???
    Tell me more...:popcorn:
  17. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    SC supplies an entirely new foam piece, and a new cover. The "hole" is flattened but the rear remains the same shape. Much easier to move a bit and more comfortable. I never really thought about seating position on my recent 150 mile ride. The dip in the stock seat goes away and that area is 1" higher. It works well.

The foam is very thin at the front, as is the stock. We used some thin tape over the "horns" at the front to hold the foam in place, and cheated a bit as the upholsterer had some spray on glue to fix the entire foam in place. He also sprayed a bit on the rise face at the back to hold the cover to the foam. that's probably no required as the stock seat cover doesn't have it, but it's a nice touch. I didn't use any glue at all when installing my SC saddle on my TE630. 'Did it all myself and it came out fine. An upholsterer will have a better staple gun though. We used narrow crown staples, 1/4" at the front so not to come thru where the foam is thin, and 3/8" elsewhere.
  18. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Im shipping mine to them on Monday. I dont have "a guy" to do it here so the extra $20 for them to install ot for me is worth it.
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what I did on my WR250R and they did a perfect job of it. You'll be happy!
  20. rajobigguy Administrator

:thumbsup:
    Dave:
    Just order the seat you don't have to send it in, the install is pretty easy and I doubt that you'll be disappointed, SC does a better job with their mail order seats than a lot of people do with their custom fit ones.:thumbsup::cheers: