Scotts Underbar Mounting - Husq TE610

Discussion in '610/630' started by huskyte610e, Jan 22, 2009.

1. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm looking for information about what sort of kit to order to mount a Scotts steering damper to a 2007 Husqvarna TE-610.

It appears that ptenduro make a mounting kit : http://www.ptenduro.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/48
    but i can't find what sort of parts are required to get the Arm, and the steering head mount.

Any ideas?
    [IMG]

Thanks,
    David
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just used the risers, then bought a weld on mount, and a #5 arm, both from BRP. Just an idea for ya.

Nice use of the tank mount for the arm. First time ive seen that. Kelley, you see this?
  3. rajobigguy Administrator

Looks like Pt enduro has changed thier mounting design. When I looked at dampers for mine the only thing they offered was a lower triple clamp mount that hung the damper out over the front fender. I didn't like that design because you couldn't adjust it on-the-fly and it was so exposed that I was afraid it wouldn't last long, beside it looked ugly as sin, like something someone cobbled together in thier garage.
    I bought the Motosports damper and have been real happy with it.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have and i want to know who they keep that from spinning on the one bolt. Hopefully they are not using the tank for that and that will not hold up. :excuseme:
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

Is there a big problem with people spinning on bolts?:D:lol:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    At least I used all the right letters :>)
  7. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

Anyonke know if the Motosports 'Frame Mount Pin' works with a Scotts damper, and a PT Enduro mounting kit?

[IMG]

... and if so, is it available seperately :excuseme:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It does not, to tall as it is for over the bar mounting.
  9. roost Husqvarna
    B Class

I recently mounted a 'PT Enduro' submount, on a 2008 WR250, and the quality/fit & finish are outstanding! When talking with Pete (owner), he explained that he has 4 different damper mount systems available. If you already have a 'scott's' type damper,and just need to mount it to your Husky, this setup seems like a terrific value! :thumbsup:
  10. Mercury264 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scotts sell the post and the arm directly on their web site but now that I look, I don't see anything for a 2007 610 :excuseme:
  11. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

Would you think that the post of a TE-570 would work :confused: