Scot Harden - Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by flyingbob, Dec 16, 2008.

1. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I had to smile a bit when I read the AMA article on the Inductees of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in the January 2009 issue. Mr. Harden's last sentence regarding living your motorcycle dreams is spot on. "Not just Dakar but any two-wheeled dream you have. Track it down, chase it down and do it."

I did just that in 2005 by starting a harescramble series in Kentucky. Countless people have thanked me for climbing this hill. I've got a great core group keeping traction and we just celebrated our 3rd Season's Banquet!

Kentucky Off Road Hare Scrambles is on that 2009 Husqvarna Contingency Program List! My brand of choice? No need to ask!!!

My hat is off to Dean and his CafeHusky Worldwide Husqvarna Community. Thank you for this forum, and thank you for your dedication. I believe you fit Mr. Harden's description of committing to that dream!

[IMG]
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Scot Harden
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Flyingbob,

I would really like to read more about your experience in starting a series.

I have a fantasy of starting a multi day rally type event in the southwest/baja. Dont think i will ever do it, but would really be interested in what it took to set up a race series.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not sure I'm worthy of having my name mentioned in the same post as Scot, but you are very welcome. It indeed has taken much effort and dedication to start this site, and I'm sure the amount effort you expended starting that race series was also tremendous. My hats off to you sir :thumbsup:
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

FlyingBob,

I'm right there with you. I started the Atlantic Grand Prix series in the fall of 2005 http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

While I will say it hasn't made me rich financially, it's been more than rewarding helping families, riders and new friends find legal off-road riding opportunities in the most populous state in the nation.

Since starting the Atlantic Grand Prix series I've been able to raise close to $300,000 for charities and non-profits all in the name of the regions off-road riding community (again both bikes and quads) ... this was the original intended purpose of the series and yes we succeeded by raising money for good causes while making the off-road riders look good in the process.

Truth is I too, could not have done it without the support of companies like Husqvarna and there generous support by also including the Atlantic Grand Prix series in their contingency program for the last three years and again in 2009.

Dean, thanks again for your commitment and living your dream by creating CafeHusky and to people like FlyingBob and Scot Harden for living their dreams and enriching our lives.

Dale
  6. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

The KORHS series is a great series! My hats off to flyingbob and his crew for all their hard work. I can't wait for the 09 season to start!
  7. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

Is it just me or did they photoshop the KTM under him?
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, that's his Paris to Dakar bike and I think it might have been already there in Ohio for the photo shoot.