Sat on my new bike today.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by skywalker951, Jan 5, 2009.

1. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I took a 2 hour road trip with 2 friends today to see my new 08 te610 at my not so local dealer in Michigan. The winter is getting long and have 3 months to go until spring. I must say that I am a happy dualsporter after sitting on the new ride. I do not intend to pick it up until the snow goes (did I mention it is going to be a long winter). I put a deposit down in dec. and paid for it today. It was all I had wished and more. I do plan on building an adventure type bike and this has so many cool things stock I am excited about the new season. When some of my inventory (trick xr650r and 650 vstrom) clears out the building will start. Being 67" from the earth has its challenges and provides entertainment for my riding buddies and I may have the suspension lowered a couple of inches. Any suggestions? I new seat may be in order for the long rides in the future. The bike will have to share the shop with an 08 te510 and the two may share supermoto wheels in future. :cheers:
  2. proeasy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-630, TE-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1100 RT, XR-400R
    New Bike

Did you get it at Rhienbolts in Reese MI (sp?) I picked up a TE-510 in the fall at JT cycle in Battle Creek. Cleaend out the garage on Sunday and went for a ride on the TE. I debated long and hard between the 510 and 610 (I am still undecided) but the 510 keeps my BMW R1100 RT and Steet Legal XR-400 company. Where will you ride in MI?
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Yes. Contact Les or anyone else that floats your boat like Halls in IL to arrange a re-valve & lowering - be sure to ask if they are going to add fork clickers/adjusters (I know Les does). 1.5" max lowering IMHO, that put my TE250 in the same ground clearance category as our CRF230f.

Contact Renazo (sp?) and tell him you are sending in the seat - they can turn it around in 1 or 2 months if they have the seat, otherwise appointments are many months out.

Then drive back to the bike, rip suspension & seat off and mail them out - or just call and have the dealer do it.

Then you are all set when it is springtime. :thumbsup:
  4. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I got the bike at Reinbolts in Reese, I got the 510 there also. I ride northern Michigan (I live in Gaylord near Treetops Golf Resort) and can leave my house and explore many great two tracks, gravel roads and tight trails. I have lived in northern mi my entire life and have a good idea of riding northern lower michigan and basic roads in the u.p. This year I plan to ride areas that I have not explored before and expect to take time to sort out the new 610. The 510 is a great "dirt bike" and I raised the gearing one tooth on the c.s. late in the year and felt this really helped the bike everywhere as it has a close ratio 6 speed. I will set up the 610 for more range and the 510 for the more technical rides.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome do it all bike. PM Creeper for a seat. Call Les at LT-racing for lowering / suspension work. Ride a lot. :thumbsup:
  6. Huskys4Life Husqvarna
    B Class

Ride any single track with the 510? How does it handle. I am looking at a used 05 te510 and am thinking it might be to much bike. I ride 90% single track.
  7. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have ridden single track and it is a capable bike, if you are 90% single track I would go smaller as the 450/510 make alot of power and you try to manage it instead of the trail. I did have had a crf250x and it was the best bike I ever had on a single line and would go to a 250/310 in a heartbeat if I was riding that tight trail. The reason I went to a big bore is the riding I do is mostly 2 trac and play riding. Also the 250 class does require you to keep it pinned and will result in rebuilding the motor. The big bores allow you to be lazy and your rebuilds involves a new rear tire.:D
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is a lot more going on than displacement. For one thing the wider gear spacings of the 610 allows for riding at slow speeds without slipping the clutch while retaining the lower revs at higher speeds i.e. the 610 has much wider gear spacings.

The 250/450/510 gear spacings are more in line with the 250X.
  9. Dutch Husqvarna
    B Class

I was there too - sweeeet bike -
    Like a beautiful girl with large boobs - I wanted to look at the bike but all I could see was that back tire!

Attached Files:

10. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the pictures Dutch and yes it was a fun day! And just think you can stay in front of me on my 510 to be sure I don't exceed 5500 rpm's during break-in. Of course you better take advantage of being in front because after break-in all you will see is the big boobs, "opps" I mean rear tire. Wow! does my butt look big in those jeans.