Sahara Sands New Jersey

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Jersey Woods, Sep 21, 2013.

1. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Im starting to think maybe I shouldnt invite any of you guys to ride with us up in the Schuylkill County area. You NJ guys spanked me today. I dont want to lose my advantage on my home terrain!
    Ahhh just kiddin. Come on up and enjoy some rocks with me!
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    People from Jersey only race in PA to get trophies ;)
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeh but sometimes PA guys get them too haha.
    image.jpg
    Best one is only a 3rd place haha. Im not much of a racer but this season has been awesome. Ive learned so much.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Kurt, I will absolutely take you up on your offer to come ride with you guys, it's just a matter of finding the time! Probably next season...

I love riding all types of terrain, as long as it's not straight and boring!
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

It got pretty torn up with out a doubt. I can imagine the Main Event was pretty rough. Did you like the grass track ? It was full of stumps and stuff but it was FAST to me. Riding consistently is my style. I do not ride like a rocket in the tight stuff I just get a flow and stay in a rhythm if I can. I saw so many hot shoes flying around and crashing. There was a young dude on a Yamaha that dumped his bike a few times that I saw after passing me. I finally saw him off the track and never saw him again.
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I really liked some of the woods and actually the little bit of the mx track. If I was on my old 2006 KX250 or 04 KTM 250SX, I think I would have done a little better. If you actually look at my lap times my last lap was shorter than other guys ahead of me. I really dont want to say how far off track I went but lets just say this, because I will not cheat, I went back and completed about 2 miles of the course I had already done. This was in my first lap. Like i said, some markers got messed up on a woods entrance and I blew right by the turn.
    If there were no whoops in the woods I think I would have been able to ride thru there in 4th gear. I liked the woods alot. Just could not get my rhythm down.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think I was also starting to adapt to the sand rather than fight it but that was a bit late in the game. I said I wont come back next year but I was just frustrated with how things went. I am not a quitter lol so I will probably come back next year. I know what to expect now. And maybe it wont be almost 90 degrees again next year haha.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

That's pretty much what we ride here. This course was pretty wide open in the woods except the last woods section before the scoring station. I used to hate the sand but I really got decent at it because I have no choice. My new Husky really has made it even more enjoyable. The whoops are just what we deal with. The whoops we rode were tame compared to some we have in sections that are real tight. Imagine a few miles of whoops with real tight trails. It can be brutal.

On the other hand if I rode in your neck of the woods, I'm sure those rocks would eat me alive. I have no real experience in them and I know it would beat me into submission.
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    First lap was a 44:19 lol
    Second 39:55
    Third 39:33
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well come up here and get some practice in. I ride with Stoner, Myles Miller, Kevin Nye, and some other riders and they have shown me so much! I should say I "try my best to ride WITH them" haha
  11. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Hey maybe I can get my brother and a few others to make a road trip for a rock ride.

What class did Stoner ride ? Was he in the morning race ? And is he the dude who cleared the table top in the beginning of the race ?
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Kurt, you should come down for 1 day of the hammer run if you can, probably Saturday (although Sunday has the fire cuts section, which is magical). It is amazing, woods trail like the race but way less beat.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    When is that?
  14. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes he was the one who cleared the double. He's leading the ECEA overall. Cool kid.
  15. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800

Nov 2-3 down in Millville.

And while it may have been hot yesterday, it was WAY worse up at RORR, I think!
  16. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh man you're not kiddin. I was steamed up at RORR. That was gnarly mud and rocks too.
    How did you do there?
  17. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ha! You and I were duking it out for last place in B Vet!
    If you didn't have the course problem on lap 1, you'd have gotten me. I probably would have fared better if I hadn't ridden most of Saturday working the course for the youth events. Or ridden the Sportsman class in the morning on my vintage KDX! That ancient Kawi desperately needs a shock rebuild--there was zero damping back there. Not too bad on smooth single track or smooth grass track, but once the course deteriorated, it took a lot of effort just to ride it slow. It was fun! :) But I was freaking TIRED about halfway through the first lap of the main on my 165. I pitted after the first lap to drink and to cast off my elbow guards (the whoops were making them fall down to my wrists, and they were HOT). I also pitted after the second lap for some more drink. (I can't really drink and ride at the same time). About the only spot on the track where I twisted it good was the uphill double on the sand track--mostly cleared it all three laps!

Oh, and I found out after the fact that you can't run both events, even in Sportsman. It's one or the other, not both. Oops!
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hah thats cool man. I thought that might have been you I had seen at one point or another. I re-did that one woods section and after that lost all you guys. I was ahead of the Gribbin guy and a couple others til I lost the front end. Watched like 4 or 5 guys go by. Ah its all good tho. Everytime I finish a race I think "why the eff do I do this" and then the next couple days I cant stop talking about it haha
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got the hang of holding on with one hand while i stuff the end of my leatt drink nozzle in my face. I was so hydrated tho, that I contemplated pi$$ing my pants haha!
  20. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    That's about as good a summary of racing as I have ever heard. :lol: