Ryan Sipes Wins 2015 ISDE

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by TemecuCoastie, Sep 15, 2015.

1. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That is unbelievably awesome!

The following companies supported the 2015 U.S. ISDE effort: Arai Helmets, Elizabeth Scott Community, Hall’s Cycles, Motion Pro, Spectro, ThermoProbe, Wellard and ZipTyRacing.com.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Awesome and flying way under the radar ... I'd been seeing he was doing some of this woods riding plus nationals this yr but had no idea guy was capable of beating the top woods riders from around the word ... He's got a free ride from the airport if he ever touches ground here ...

He retired in 2013 from the ama riding ... 2 250 sx wins there ...
    [IMG]
    TemecuCoastie and bigjon like this.
  4. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    And he's a Kentucky boy!
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    And he rides a Husky!
    Sipes6.jpg

Sipes5.jpg
    Kenneth Webb, bigjon and shawbagga like this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Very cool. :thumbsup:
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ryan Sipes: “I had a good start to the race winning the first special tests, and things continued to go well. After day three I was leading the overall and started to build confidence. On day five there was a little bit of pressure and I was subconsciously riding a bit conservatively. I just wanted to be safe and preserve my lead, which worked out. This was my first ISDE as a member of USA’s World Trophy Team and it was a huge honour to be picked. To win outright individual victory is more than I could have possibly hoped for.”

Sipes1.jpg
    Kenneth Webb, bigjon and Husq-a-daygo like this.
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Is there an actual award for individual first or just a recognition?
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good question ... This event is sliced many ways ... Maybe we can get more clarification on the question ..

This was on the web ... Looks like 2 different awards ...
    Sipes3.jpg
    These are Ryans' words and trophys ... An ego freak? I'd have to guess not ...
    bigjon likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is too cool ...American dirt bike riders are setting the standard on so many fronts ... I just can't type all the threads that are needed ...

Might have to go the waistpack route after I see Sipes doing so well with his .. If I get one, I'm chalking his name across mine also ...

[IMG]

Myself, I'm a little worried Hollywood, CA is gonna get a look at this guy and try to move him into their domain ...

--

[IMG]
    So hard for so many on so many fronts ... A few of us are in the hottub ...
    Kenneth Webb and bigjon like this.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    As a fellow kentuckiana he is one cool dude....
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is going to be so great for us Husky Fans. Is what Husky will do with this win and how they will enjoy the fact that there new purchase of the company is paying off. There investment in the company is paying off so they Husky should invest more and we the buyer will see new and better bikes It is all good

Now when will my new TE 300 show up
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Figured you had that thing by now....
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I actually saw a guy when I growing up get beat on a ~73 yamaha 360 MX racer and then go the yamaha shop and purchase a 500 MX bike on Monday to race the following Sunday ... it might not be quite the same today, but winning all these races is gonna pay dividends in the near future ...

SP has his hands full ... It's almost like he is pushing himself (ktm) off the podium and putting a Husky there ... Bike sales numbers are gonna be interesting in the near coming yrs ...

--
    This is a woods bike win on the highest level ... He's got the PUB needed and this win goes to the high heavens for all to see ...
    Blazes likes this.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes a trophy and bragging rights but the real metal is the trophy team award. Team event first and foremost .....individual second
    Norman Foley likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    what Joe said....those years when the individual and his team pulled the entire show off were classics, with Sala Italia, Ahola and Salminen Finns the French and others
    Norman Foley likes this.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I never remember the teams other than USA, being so focused on individual overall going into the ISDE. The winning team doesn't always have the overall winner, but it's usually the result of a guy riding his heart out for his team and country for that World Trophy. With the USA not being in real contention for the World Trophy for a long time, we became very focused on the small prizes.... Top American in the overall, top American in each class... etc. As we improved our efforts, we could actually win classes, get podiums in WT and win the Junior Trophy a few times. We are real contenders now, but the last step is to be more of a team and focus on the big prize... The World Trophy!

On a side note.... Kudos to all the guys like Fred Hoess, who in the darkest days of the US Team, with little hope of even a top ten in the World Trophy.... would answer the call to ride for the Trophy Team. Even better yet.... when the big guys would want to ride the ISDE in some cool location like Brazil and Fred would get told the Trophy Team wouldn't need him, he'd still ride on a Club Team! :thumbsup:
    NCSteve and LandofMotards like this.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It just baffles me how this retired MX rider whipped the best woods riders in the world at their dirt bike event.... Taking nothing away from the other riders ... :)

I knew there was some cross over in skills, but to win the overall? I'm gonna keep watching and learning MX\SX skills ...And putting them to use on the trails ...

Again, Thank you Mr. Sipes for pointing the way to excellence ... Sort of like our MX\SX riders are whipping the other EU riders currently at the USAGP .... Baffling for so many, and certainly enjoyable ...So happy for my fellow Americans and the riders! ...

--

This event is sounding like any other team event like football, basketball where the team wins the trophy and then a MVP is chosen by votes ... The difference here is Sipes won off his skills during the event. No voting and thank-goodness there is no back-room play here like what is happening with the overall team winner ...

The First ISDE American ... (We know who the First American is, so I had to adjust fire)
    Sipes7.jpg
    This is one sweet Husqvarna branded dirt bike ...
    bigjon likes this.
  19. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Norman, we Aussies occupied that top step for the first time .............until the French and FIM pushed us off:naughty::mad: :thumbsdown: :censored:.

I think for you Yanks to take the overall and be a consistent threat, probably need the AMA to start staging a championship similar to the Australian 4 Day Enduro Championship which runs on the same rules as the ISDE 6days with the exception that if you are DQ'd your DQ'd...l can't see (as a foreigner) why you guys couldn't stage such an event considering GNCC is well established and could use it a selection for the ISDE and conditioning your riders to the format used in ISDE and EWC for that matter.

Anyway, you'll guys will have to wait in line for a while as l think we'll take out a three classes proper next year:D
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    These days most of the Top Tier Enduro guys in the WEC are former top tier MX guys brought up in MX/SX- remember when Stefan everts seemed to easily win the OA at the ISDE in brazil, really he seemed to breeze his way through it (lots of crazy sand)
    Aubert (MX/SX top tier pro), Salvini (former MXGP vice champion #2 in world the MXGP) even Juha showed wild card for an MXGP and finished in the top 10 are just 3 examples of internationals there are many more current team riders and many of the AMA enduro and offroad guys are former MX top tier guys including guys like 8X King Richard, LR, Ty Davis (AMA SX championship) many others and now Ryan Sipes who has won I think 2 SX 250 east OAs....anyone who can even qualify for an AMA/FIM SX is world class and Ryan has won, so its really no surprise, the moto skill set of top tier MX guys is astronomical. get into the WEC and read the rider resume's on their sites you will many former and some current top tier even world class MX pros among the WEC riders