Royal Enfield Opening North American Subsidiary

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Johnrg, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/08/...ry/?utm_source=recommended&utm_medium=display

[IMG]

Royal Enfield’s current model lineup consists of the 500cc Bullet and Classic line and the 535cc Continental GT. The company is rumored to be developing new models in the 400cc and 750cc displacment levels, including a new adventure-styled model called the Himalayan. Royal Enfield President Rudratej Singh says the company will continue to focus on “mid-sized” displacements, believing there is a gap for such models in North America.
    “North America is a key international market for Royal Enfield, with a rich history of riding enthusiasts,” says Singh. “Given the lack of attractive options in the mid-size segment, we are well poised to fill the gap and serve potential customers at a close, intimate level by localizing our operations in North America.”
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I've seen them here so those guys just imported imported them themselves? Another lightweight adv bike coming soon, sounds good to me
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i dont know if the bikes are any good but i do like the looks of'em
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    From the last review I read of the classic they said the engine is not a superbike motor and it's a little heavy. Sounds lust like the bikes were in the 70's. If they are built with some quality all that can be overcome with building the motor and removing the excess, add some OZ aluminum wheels, etc.... I like the styling, the displacements and their approach. Plus rumor is they build an excellent product if specced that way. And icing on the cake is their partner in business is based here...
    Polaris.
    pat ohara and LandofMotards like this.