Round 5 AMA National Hare and Hound in Utah

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, May 17, 2009.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well made the 1200 miles round trip drive to get to race in the trees
    Top 10 were as follows
    David Kamo KTM
    Destry Abbott KAW
    David Pearson KTM
    Russ Pearson KTM
    T.J. Hannifin think on a KTM
    Jacob Argubright KAW
    Jordan Brandt ???
    Kendal Norman Honda
    Rayon Kudla KAW
    Shawn Strong KTM

Talked to Nic Burson before the race but did not see any one else from factory Husky.Heard Nix was doing well but for some reason DNF.That would be his first DNF this year .Nic is having a great year so far he will be back.
    Then back about 60th here some that 52 year old man on his trusty Husky 125 .I did not win but i did have a great time .Loop1 was super dusty and flat i road it so as to get to loop 2 .Then came the fun loop2 was 52 miles of single track in the trees .The stuff that makes me drive
    1200 round trip for .I love the Husky 125 even more since i geared it down .Throwing it around in the trees is so much fun and it has never let me down.As long as i can i will be comming back to the Nationals
    This year i am not leading in points for the Nationals but i am having a much better time racing with no pressure .Cant wait for round 6
    John N1m
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    UTAH

Yee Haa,,,,to finish first, first you must finish. The goal is always to finish and never give up!! Good on Ya, Ajax (John N1M) good on that CR125 for finishing again.

The temp???
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    how about a 40 mile each way fun run to the husky monument next weekend on Sun,,,,1200 mass at the monument. R
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It was about 75 felt a little hotter on the slow dust parts of loop 1 like the tight sand washes.But loop 2 was up in the trees and i only saw a few racers i got real lucky and raced most of it by my self.Hate to think i was that far back .Any way i had a great ride and finished another one.Then came the long drive home took me 13 hours since i had to stop 2 times for a nap
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    everyone needs to do at least one national ,,just feel the pain... and the joy of finishing.

John give a comparo of the round 1 loop 2 and the round 3 loop 2 to what you did in Utah,,,just curious.
    I found the L2 in rnd 1 as more relentless with never ending sm to med sharp rocks but the L2 of round 3 was more brutal puntuated by relentless sections.
    the L2 of round 1 had scarier downhills and tougher longer uphills, except for that stupid ugly rocky canyon at superstition (that thing worked me), that you mastered up the edge (I shoulda seen that line!!)
    Round one wind was sick up on the ridges but was not hot,,,,the heat of superstition was getting me on L2 in the back canyons (north side of the mountain). I think my speed avg in Johnson valley for L2 was faster than superstition but no less tough. those races are real endurance events, glad you finished another one. Hey did Ajax Jr kick the usual butt up there???
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Loop 2 of round 5 was was easy compaired to all the other races.It was 52 miles long
    all of it up in the trees and all of it single track.If you wanted to go fast then it was hard as it was tight constant turns in and out of the trees plus dont forget to duck
    as the trees in Utha do not move as they do in Calif I had my 125 pinned from turn to turn always shifting between first ,second and thrid ,you missed a good one .Round 6
    is Wendover NV just over the boarder from Salt Lake City.Last year we got up into the trees but for only about 30 miles .It is sometime in Sept same weeken as the Bonaville
    Salt Flats speed week. After the race we went over to check out the high speed
    cars and jet power cars .As for Matt he stayed home to study for school but will be at wendover
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I may rejoin the circus for the second Utah race ,,,if time and race budget allows,,sounds like a super fun ride. And the also the late season Lucerne race as well,,,,,see what you did got me hooked!!!
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    aaaahhhhh.... nope! :lol:

I'll continue to enjoy everyones reports though :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I forgot the down side,,,,or the agony of heat defeat (Wickenburg Az Nat enduro fall 08) very long drive for a dnf....(funny, still managed to salvage some points.). and the prep time, costs, broken parts, fresh rubber, race fuel, wife's moto jealousy etc etc

I think Ajax and others have a point,,,,125 racing is really a way to go racing on a budget and still be competitive (as a non-pro in the open class)