Rockstar Husqvarna in for 2015 USGP at Glen Helen

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, May 28, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory to join Red Bull Iceone Husqvarna Factory Racing and Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing to contest final round of World Championship.

Husqvarna Motorsports has announced their intention to compete in the final round of the 2015 MXGP World Championship with riders from both of its factory teams. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing (the US Factory Team) will join Red Bull Iceone Husqvarna Factory Racing and Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing at the classic Glen Helen venue in California for what promises to be an outstanding finish to the 2015 season.

The race weekend for the final round of the World Championship will be September 19 and 20 at Glen Helen, one week before the annual Motocross of Nations in France.

Robert Jonas, Head of Husqvarna Motorsports: “We believe that having our three factory teams at Glen Helen will be a real highlight and a true celebration of our sport. Giving our US riders the possibility to race in the last round of the 2015 World Championship is an exciting opportunity, particularly for the fans, but also for the teams, to see the world’s best compete together.”

Jonas said creating the conditions to see the world’s great riders in action on a track that is universally popular on both sides of the Atlantic was a definite win-win situation for the sport. “Our MXGP riders welcome the chance to test themselves against the best US riders and Glen Helen is an ideal venue. This will be a very good opportunity to finish the traditional season on a high note. Hopefully we will see many of the best US riders and teams take up the invitation and join us in what will be a very memorable race weekend.”

[IMG]

--
    This is sounding big to me ... I'd like to be at this race & see the show and racing and pour back a couple ... Has big daddy orange committed yet? I'm hoping JGR shows up also ..

--
    Seems from a riders point of view, ESP the younger guys, meeting the teams from different continents would have to be cool ... And then you race.
    bigjon likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thinking I'll have to be there for that. Thanks for sharing.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  3. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Us too. Already got tix.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Already on sale? Where?
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    So did you go all out and get the Holeshot club tix? :busted: If I had the cash that really seems like THE way to go.
  8. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nah, just the regular game day tix. If I could swing it, I'd come down w/the MX Flu and spend all three days there w/all the bells and whistles.

I'm pumped this is going down in my back yard. :banana:
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  9. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    You guys out west dont know how lucky you are,I would cut-off a body part to watch this race in person,epic!
  10. rwgregory Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 500XC, 1987 510TX, 1990 510WMX
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 Honda CR250,'88 CR500,'92 XR600
    Southwest Airlines offers low fares and Motel 6 is affordable... Just sayin'...
    TemecuCoastie and NCSteve like this.
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Greg is spot on! You could fly right into Ontario, CA and make the 25 min drive to Glen Helen.

Plus, you could nail down a room at the Quality Inn off the 215 Freeway just one exit south from the Palm Ave/Glen Helen exit. :thumbsup: