Rockstar Energy Racing Switches To Orange

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Tinken, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Corona, CA – Bobby Hewitt’s Rockstar Energy Racing (RER) Team, is pleased to announce it has signed a three-year contract with KT.

President and team owner, Bobby Hewitt, expressed his enthusiasm for the announcement, stating, “As a satellite team, we will always be the little engine that could, but having the support of KTM is a huge advantage. We are delighted and grateful to race KTM motorcycles and eagerly excited for the opportunity to utilize KTM’s new Factory Services program. This will be a very exciting venture for our team.”
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    http://www.allisports.com/motocross...l-ride-rockstar-racing-2014-team-switches-ktm

... The honda crowd is gonna have to sit up and take notice or they are gonna be raced out of the 1st world and into ~125cc street models in developing nations only ... B-slapped by SP for good measure if for no other reason ...
    --
    Millsaps, Anderson, Savatgy Will Ride KTMs for Rockstar Racing in 2014

Good luck to all ... They are our racing brothers :)

--
    http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...VI-MILLSAPS-TO-KTM-IN-FACT-THE-COM-10420.aspx

KTM’S Factory Service division will handle the Rockstar Energy team from KTM’s end — starting at the Monster Cup

--
    I gotta say it ... Its a ktm dirt bike racing world today....
  3. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this is good news. The Japanese companies HAVE to sit up and take notice of what KTM is doing right in the dirt bike world. Like KTM or not, they are the biggest proponent of all forms of dirt bike riding/racing - which is what I do.
    I'd like to hear speculation on how the KTM might fit Davi. His Suzuki was dialed for him - can he get the KTM dialed quickly? My assumption is that the KTM is basically built for taller guys like Dungey and Rocksen - and Davi is certainly that. Some of the 'shorter' riders (get it?) have done well on KTM but seem to do better on the Japanese brands.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Damn Millsaps would have been great for the new Husky team :)
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    DM18 stepped up pretty well on that SUZ last yr in sx ... Now, on to a ktm that should be a somewhat a clone of RD5 bike I'd guess if ktm factory guys set them both up giving him a solid base for starters ...I'd expect him to be dialed in pretty quickly in the season ...

This will be another test case for is it the rider or the bike?
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yep... they ain't heavy, they our brothers ...
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

More like conquerors.
    TemecuCoastie and DG Harv Serv like this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Conquered with the world of emerging-markets power ... Its like a modern day Genghis Khan dressed in orange taking over the ama territory. Modern day Genghis hires all the best riders instead of chopping them up ...
    Tinken likes this.
  10. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Through KTM’s Factory Service Program, which allows racers and support teams the opportunity to purchase the same engine and suspension components as the factory team, the RER Team will have the platform it needs to deliver the results that the team, it’s riders and it’s sponsors are looking to achieve."
    The Factory Service Program is a screaming bargin in the world of professional MX. Don't be suprised if others don't avail themselves to this. For those not that have not heard of this here is an MXA artical on a 350 engine.
    http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/...ORY-SERVICES-350SXF-IT-IS-A-FACTOR-10318.aspx
    LandofMotards likes this.
  11. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just checked on Godaddy, which one of you guys registered that name already?
  12. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...I just threw up
    street2dirt likes this.
  13. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co...ce-formation-of-supercrossmotocross-team.html
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    That team was a fast by feracci husky team. They were around a couple years I think but their only win came with Preston in Houston. They probably didn't have a team in 2003 because there were no huskys imported that year.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SP is a Juggernaut!
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Any news on a 250 rider? Even rumors?
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  19. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think the biggest things are if Villapoto is racing, and how Stewart/Reed are riding. That leaves a few positions open. Anderson seems more of a SX rider but even with those results he's edging out Seely like in SX. Seely podiumed SX filling in for the 450 class. Heck if the guy comes in last there's still a Husky out there :).
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Here's a poster from that 2001 season. Hanging on my wall of moto posters. It's hard to see, but it was signed by travis preston and jason thomas. the two riders in the top left. They were the only 2 riders signing autographs when we were at the team semi. 2001 Salt lake SX.

DSC01200.JPG
    MotoMarc36 and LandofMotards like this.