Rob Keith has left the building!!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by raisrx251, Apr 28, 2011.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

With all the hiring that Husky has done, one of the U.S. Oldest employees of Husky has left the brand. I think he started with them in 1994? Kind of surprised there has been no release of this info.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sorry to see Rob go.... He pretty much kept Husky alive by himself, in the US in the later part of the Cagiva USA period. I'll always be thankful to Rob and Cagiva USA, for all they did for Husky Gathering Number 1 in '07. Good luck Rob!
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The end of an era for sure. It makes me sad to see him leave, but I know his heart was not into it the last year or 2. He was beat up pretty bad by the previous mgt at HNA and I think it took the wind out of his sails.

I spoke to Rob on the phone on Monday. There is big news coming on his new career. He asked me not to say anything about it publicly as there is a press release coming any day now. I am very happy for him and wish him the best of success at his new gig.

Without Rob, I would not have become a Husky dealer and without him I would have quit for sure having to put up with the crap from the last HNA regime.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Never heard anything but great stuff about Rob. I worked with him a little to try to set up a PNW release gig that never went through and he was always EZ to talk to and work with. Wish him the best of luck in where ever he is going.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It was Rob Keith that i met at the Motorcycle Dealer show in long Beach back in 2005 .It was Rob who set up a friend of mine as a husky Dealer It was Rob that was the first pearson i ever knew in the motorcycle world that said i will set you up with a deal on 3 new bikes for you and your 2 sons.Thanks
    to Rob i along with one of my sons both won a National # 1 plate So Thank you Rob and good luck where ever you go John Kearney
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I was shopping for a new bike in late 2005 / early 2006.

Over on TT Rob personally got involved trying to help someone - that was the only reason I bought a Husqvarna. I was incredibly impressed and could not imagine anyone from the other manufacturers would get personally involved...

So for better or worse - Rob is the reason Cafe Husky exists in the first place.

Good luck Rob!
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For 2004 Husky had the 100th anniversary replica
    For 2011 Husky had the Antoine Meo replica
    For 2012 They should have the Rob Keith Replica and tribute bike for the US market

Thanks for all you did Rob
    Through thick and thin...you kept Husky in!

Joe Chod
  8. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Hallelujah and Amen ! Rob was the hardest working person in the Cagiva/Husqvarna organization. I could always count on him when I had my Husky dealership and beyond . Best of luck in your future ,wherever you go,Mr. Keith !
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    I talked to Rob yesterday and hes going to be in captains seat again wich fits him best.Hes been my friend since 1994 and always there ,weve ridden together a few times and had a blast every time we were together.His persistence and loyalty to HUSQVARNA is above and beyond any employee the brand has ever had.Hes had to do 3-6 peoples job at any given time wich was more on his plate than any one guy could handle and did it the very best he could.Ill always keep in touch and miss him in the Husky world.Who knows I may have MV Agustas some day.BILLF
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bill Shhhhh!
  11. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rob Keith is just one of those people that you instantly like. He is kind, genuine and personable -- traits that are difficult to find in people these days. I have only met him once and spoken to him a handful of times, yet he was more than willing to help me connect with the new Husqvarna management to make a pitch for marketing/advertising services. Husqvarna's loss is xxxxxxxx's gain. best wishes Rob!
  12. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna does not know what they are losing! Any company would be proud to have Rob. I wish him the best luck wherever he goes.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    A lot of times a guy will just have a different opinion as to where the company\product should be going that is different from the upper brass ... You either say 'yes' then or leave the company .... maybe go do something else you might have been wanting to do ...
  14. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

You know guys, Husqvarna NOW has nothing to do with Husqvarna back in the days.. and sometimes, I guess, it's hard to accept it, especially when you played a big role in keeping the boat going on all these years. Rob is THE MAN, he will do great things wherever he will go. No doubt.
  15. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any word on Rob?
  16. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I spoke to Sir Robert Keith recently and he e-mailed me this response to post for him to all of you. Below is what he wrote.

Hey Husky faithful, you all know I don't read the forums much - only posted once, and I've been a little busy of late. Anyway, it was my brother who actually advised me to read some recent threads on Cafe Husky. Wow. I really appreciate the really nice things many of you said. Thank you...thank you. You know, this business can be a little crazy at times, and can take it out of you if you let it. But if you consider the great people you meet while doing your job, both dealers and customers, it's pretty simple to see that the benefits far out weigh the BS. Ultimately, my guide if you will, was simply putting myself in the dealer's and their customer's place. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will! And if all else failed, I'd just ask myself, "what would Joe do?"

But hey, I'm not dead!! Just doing something different. Most of you already know it, but I am now involved with the MV Agusta Motorcycle Company. It sounds corney but ultimately, it's a little like me coming home. The people and the places that are behind the MV brand are mostly the same people and places that were behind Husqvarna for 21 years - many of the same people on the other side of the pond I worked with for 14 years. Different, but still two wheels, still the same kind of people / customers / dealers - not quite right. (You know what I mean) So don't be strangers, (you're already strange) and drop me a line. Contact info. below. And thanks for everything. EVERYTNHNG! Rob

MV Agusta USA
    10 Canal Street, Suite 224
    Bristol, PA 19007
    215-781-1770
    rrckeith@gmail.com (This will change shortly)
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is Rob working with Ferracci ?
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

No. Ferracci's contract as the US MV Dist ends July 31. Rob is the new President/GM of MV Agusta USA.
  19. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is something BMW could not figure out, they already had a general manager in Rob, but refused to take advantage of his knowledge of the product, dealers, and the other ins and outs of running husqvarna. They have instead tried different versions of a round wheel, thinking someone from another company must know more. I wish Rob the best.