1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Right Hand switch question on TE250 2008

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by turbo100, Apr 7, 2018.

1. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,

My right hand switch has been removed and I am now wondering if the engin On/Off switch
    on the right hand side also kills a running engin

From the electric schema I can see that the start button is inactivated if the switch is off, what is not clear is as said if the switch also can work as a engin stop button.

I hope anyone can answer this question.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    On american street legal bikes, the red kill button (engine stop) has to be on the right hand side; it's above the starter button on my bike

on my xlite, the kill button grounds out (shorts to ground) the Keihin ECU pin 34. betcha there is something similar on your Mikuni ECU
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    The kill button is also the on off button and fires up the fuel pump. If you listen you can hear it cycle through for a few seconds. Many people think this means it is fully cocked and ready to go. In reality it is on a timer basis and not a cycle through till fully pumped basis. Tip: do 2 to 3 on off (kill switch) cycles when the bike is cold. This really helps with cold morning starts.
    Another thing is the right hand decomp lever. Only hold it in for about 2 seconds, this is enough time for the starter motor to spin up the engine to a good enough easy start speed.
  4. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello.
    In this WS manual:
    http://www.endurofactory.nl/pdfs/2009/2009_WSM_TE-TC-SMR_250-310-450-510_ie.pdf
    Page M.24 - there is a electric diagram.

The Right Hand switch (25) contains the kill utton and the starter button.
    I dont understand how the RH switch is killing a running engin, I only see that this switch only inhibits the starter engin to run, not stopping an existing engin.
    Can someone tell me where the connector for stopping the engin is?
    The only way I can see is to turn off the key (Main switch 25).

Soo, where is the stop switch, anyone?
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Pictures. different countries have different legal requirements; and call things by different names (typically here in the US, a button is a momentary function).

a kill switch would keep the engine off, for example; a kill button would disable the ignition for as long as it was depressed.

But you're right- that schematic looks wrong to me- and fuzzy.
    The RH button is clearest on m.24 (run-off, start) but it seems to be starter only. The M.2 schematic isn't any better.

I wonder if the '08 or 2010 WSM is clearer and *more* correct. Seems to me Husky changed the wiring looms in that time frame too (grey conduit to black)
  6. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for input.
    I am also looing at side M.33, here it looks like that the right hand switch is a "stop switch" but not momentary.
    So wher B <-> W-Bk is connected the engin should stop but I cant find that this makes sense on the overall schema on page m.24.
    Perhaps the colors on the M.33 schema is on the handlebar side...