Riding today..

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Poopy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    We cut in a new trail last wed night, and tried (and i mean tried) riding it today... well lets just say it was really really hard and i feel like i got hit by a bus.

Heres a few pics...

[IMG]

My buddy Adrian trying to make the first climb into the trail lol...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Awww the days of cutting new trails
    That look's brutal...but fun.
    We now have sign's posted on all trails Stating "$200 fine or imprisonment" If catch making new trails or off trail.
    So we're all real good and just don't do that any more....
    Ya right! :D
  3. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Hahaha brutal is an understatement, we are going to find somewhere less steep, it would all be rideable if the soil wasnt so soft.

The way i see it, the area its in will be logged in 10 years or less, and what logging does to the land is far worse than a little single track could ever do.

Do they have those signs up McNutt? This area is a little more remote....
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    If you talk'n about Knutsford Rock Quarry just Southeast of Kamloops...they closed that place down.
    I don't ride there. Way way to many riders for this Dude.
    We head up to Inks Lake or right next door is Greenstone Mountain sort of one in the same.
    Duffy Lake camp grounds at Green Stn is maintained by the GKMA our local riding club...
  5. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Oooooh you're up there! Im down on the coast. We were just at Duffy Lake last weekend, you guys are sure spoiled with all those nice trails!
  6. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

That was awesome. Sucks for the guy and his bike, but the picture sequence is too cool. I know exactly what he was thinking as it rotated out from under him..."Oh Sh.........." Thanks for the post.....awesome.
  7. HuskyT Moderator

Probably was thinking that he wished he was on the Husky.... The Husky would have went up that like a rocket ship.......
  8. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Well, its true, the two guys on 2 strokes made about 5-7 attempts each, i made it first try...lol Not saying that im a great rider or anything, but i think the smooth 4stroke power had something to do with it.

Heres what the guy in the pic posted on my facebook page...

"I gotta admit i was almost a bit disapointed when you cruised right up that climb on your first try Rob. You must have taken notes on what not to do watching me and Ryan try and get up."

Go Husky!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Excellent loop out frames! Nice.
  10. rajobigguy Administrator

I don't want to get to far off topic but did you have the camera set for a sequential burst? If so I guess you anticipated the results of you're buddies climb. Nice pics.
  11. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I brought my Canon 30D SLR up this time, its heavy but shoots at 5 Frames Per Second. I had a pretty good idea this might happen. :D
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is a lot of camera ($) for knarly trails, did you use full auto?
  13. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    For those shots I think it was on sports mode, yes it is a lot of $$ for riding, but it was worth it to get those shots.

I also was packing 2 "L" series lenses which add considerable $$$$$ to my backpack of camera goodies...lol
  14. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those are great pics. It would have been good to get a picture of his eyes, I'm sure they would have been as big as saucers.

And yes, da Loops is da bomb. I'm off riding there this weekend but may also head to Bear Creek to check out how they've progressed with their new trail building machine.
  15. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Trail Building machine? Do you have details? I have a few machines, one in particular that i think would be ideally suited for building trails....:D:D

Here is a spy photo, 28" wide, has enough power to lift logs, big rocks etc and leave a nice groomed little single track. :D:D I may have to paint it camo and sneak it into the bush though.

Attached Files:

16. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

linky to the news when OTRA purchased it.
    http://www.okanagantrailriders.com/bearcreek/index.htm
  17. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Awesome! so im on the right track then....they just have that whole "government approval" thing on their side...:rolleyes::D:D:D