Riding New Huskys and GG

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by oregonsage, May 29, 2014.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    The BMP crew got a chance to spend a little quality riding time in the Oregon Coast range over the Memorial Day weekend. Hilly, twisty and a lot of fun out there near Willimina.

Bean showed up with his 2014 Husqvarna TE300, and Bill brought a '14 TC250, FE250 and GasGas 300 kicker.......

......... had a fun ride 32 miles ,Tom Bean and wife camped out in trailer so he led us around. .The EC300 kick model has a great motor,forks were stiff at first ,the same on TC250 but they felt better after we turned all clickers as soft as they go. 250 TC motor works great; the FE250 worked great and its really quiet...... needs a pipe to wake it up just a bit. Its totally stealth now..

Pictures coming soon....
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How did the weight and handling feel on the GG?
  3. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We had a great ride on Sunday ,I havent been out since new years day so felt out of shape but the FE250 was really forgiving.Fe 250 kind of shadows the 350 but its really a great bike.Im going to give it Cycra hand guards and a new can on exhaust and a header heat shield for the Funky Chicken on fathers day.Suspension is peect for ruty Oregon woods.
    My son Adam rode the new TC250 it worked great except even with clickers all the way out it was way too stiff in fork area but motor pulled great and trail rides very nice and gets with the program when throttle is turned a bit.We are working on making it a better woods bike as its the best deal in the line at $7249.I rode it for awhile and liked it alot just nees softer springs for woods.
    The Gas GAS XC 300 has a great motor ,it pulls super smooth yet pretty fast when on the gas.everyone loved it.The suspension was a bit stiff and we played with that some and cant wait to soften it up a bit and try again.Bryon rode it most the time but our bud Ryan rode it for a pretty good loop and loved it. Ryan owned an 2002 Wr360 for quite awhile and he thougt it pulled smoother but just as hard and loved it kickstarted in gear on a hill when stalled.Jonxx rode FE250 a bit and liked it.

Attached Files:

Xcuvator likes this.
  4. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Where is that riding area ? Willamina ?
  5. MoombaRdr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr250
    Upper Nestucca OHV Area.
  6. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    My cell carrier is Verizon. Is there decent coverage there ?
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The coverage is off and on but mostly off.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

let me know if you ever want a guide around these parts Russ.
    BILLF likes this.
  9. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I would love to join you guys. I grew up in Dallas but never rode back then. Looks like the trails are still moist
    BILLF likes this.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    http://www.arrmc.net/

Watch here and come out for the annual Applegate Rough Riders Poker Run in Nestuca/Willamina. ARR always puts on a nice ride and you will see lots of trails while getting a good workout!