Ride to the Taboan sa Gatubod Spring Resort - Basak, Compostela, Cebu

Discussion in 'Other places' started by ray_ray, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It was a surprise riding by and finding this small water park... It's only about ~5 miles from my home and this is a default route I use alot but I just have not been using it for any of my riding lately ..maybe the last time was ~3 months ago? There was even some foreigners out there ... I hardly ~ever see foreigners out in the providences here so that was an even bigger surprise ... How could they know it was here and I did not? I'm just glad it looks like a success and should be an established place for beer and food.

These pics are a couple months old and I'll probably add more at the bottom of the thread that are more recent and you'll see the place is morphing into a slightly different look..
    100_1626_result.JPG
    08 WR250 Husky

Parking lot with small booths for selling food and drinks to the waterpark customers.
    100_1627_result.JPG

I'm down!
    100_1696_result.JPG

A little closer look at some of the locals selling food and such ...
    100_1693_result.JPG
    I know all this filters back to the big guys, but I always, always like giving my money to bottom guy on the totem pole (where I dwell and enjoy life) ... It just feels so much better to me.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the east side entry road ... Its a good road and this is critical to getting city-folk to come out and play .. 100_1634_result.JPG

Few pics of the outside and inside of pool area - I've only a saw a few water pools out in the providences here but all seem to be a success and are gonna stand the test of time.
    100_1631_result.JPG

This is the pool on the low side ... those stairs lead to another pool area, maybe for adults, that is packed also with people.
    102_0926_result.JPG

Those slides are high-speed to say the least ...
    102_0936_result.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The 010 TC250 came out another day ... Started seeing a few more changes ...
    102_0939_result.JPG

You gotta have Karaoke here it ya gonna have a party :) .. (Beer station just moved closer to the road)
    100_0145.JPG

Sprucing up the road a little ... Rubber lasts a long time and is very useful here.
    100_0152.JPG

A new sign with some prices and activities (horses) ... I could easily say to the owner "I wanna have some motorcycle hill climbing contest here 1 day a week" ... I'd just have to bring out 2 Huskies and we would have quite a show. Not trying to make any money and this would be for entertainment only really .. Maybe give out some free beer if you can beat me up the hill ... This would promote the Husky brand and when a foreigner does anything for the people, it makes their home country look good. In this case, America looks good.
    100_0150.JPG
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is Basak .. you can see how small it is ... This park really brings in the cash to owner and this area ... It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts ... As stated above, swimming pools have staying power it seems... I think natural springs are what fill the pools so cost is zero there and all the bamboo costs almost nothing but will only last ~2 yrs before it rots down unless treated with something ... Many many businesses come and go here in short periods of time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdaJ4F3fOY