RIDE REPORTS 4 MAGAZINE TEST

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by BILLF, Jan 28, 2011.

1. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    I put a link on www.billshusky.com under EVENTS section of 4 new test reports from Randsburg,what a hoot!! I was there rode the new Te310 TXC449 and Te449 .These are great bikes and the Husqvarna president and crew are open ears for what we need here in USA.The entire new staff seem to be great people and what ya know they all ride!!
    Goats place www.randsburgcottagehotel.com is awesome !!!Ride bikes from there right into the desert.Lots of pics of it in the magazine reports.billf
    Coffee likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff Bill, thanks.

Kelly
  3. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Bill
    What were your ride impressions ? What about the future of the two stroke ?
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    So my summary of Bill's verbal story ...
    Te310 feels like a Te310 only better. Make a great woods bike.
    TXC449 is an awesome off road bike, fast and good suspension
    TE 449 is a bit more dual sport oriented and plusher
    Following Burson around isnt for the faint of heart but tons of fun if you like hauling ass across the desert.
  5. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I really like the Te310 zippy and light just what most riders really need,couldnt detect any running problems just lots of fun easy to get the front light even at speed took the bumps as good or better on some things than the TXC449.Wich I really liked it had great gearing never realy got to slide it ,it just hooks up great ,the steering feels light when on the pegs but still takes a little muscle to around like most 450s,Jay Hall said he was using his weight on the pegs to change direction and used that trick more on my way backed to truck /cottage home base.But honestly Nick was going a fast pace 65mph was on the speedo most of the time amnd when I got a clear straight alot higher so I never did get to analyze handleing as much on my way back as I would have liked,defintely Te449 more plush and dual sport like as I was really bottoming in big whoops,a couple times I bounced off the path on about the third whoop bottom out/bounce out into desert while missing a few Joshua trees.Really like the TXc for faster pace ,Te and Txc different animals.I should have had TXC 449s TXc511s Monday I think snow delayed them a few days I also saw MyTE511s are on the way also now,havent seen any TE449s on my bill yet.soon.
    As for 2 strokes we talked alot but as of this time very little known if anything definite about what changes are coming,they asked alot of questions about what bikes we need.Also most people dont know but TXC is a USA only bike ,lots of questions wether we need a TXC model.We said yes!!They did bring 3 year contingency back wich is really cool.WE talked MX bikes again not any real for sures about futue MX tteam in USA,some of us did agree that used MX bikes filter back into the in most states wich DONT have Red/Green sticker bikes.Also some agrement that Mx bikes in the race seen help sell all styles of bikes because of perception by the public that a motocross presence in this country shows,commitment,involvement in just being there making the brand Husqvarna noticed and the fact is they do have a winning product as they have proven over and over again in every type of offroad amd Motard racing.Could talk for hours about Goats place at Randsburg and what a kick it was seeing the Husky memorial and meeting the new crew.billf.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Thanks for the run-down, Bill; Much appreciated! [IMG]

Was the TE310 you rode a 2011?

When you say 3-year contingency does that mean I can qualify for contingency money in the 2011 season on my 2009 model Husky?

Thanks!
  7. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WE I /havent read every detail yet on the contingency program but I will and let you know.Yes they were all 2011 bikes,the Te310 lots of fun even fully lighted up semed very light and nimble,inTXC form would be awesome!
  8. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

I forgot to ask about the possibility of a 310 big bore kit for the 2010 250f.
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think its possible but need a crank and the other pieces would most lilely make so much $$ nobody would buy it and then still have to install it along with different ECU.its cheaper just to buy another bike.
  10. Xriderdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR360 SW / WR360 IT / FE501 AU
    Other Motorcycles:
    BUL MK3,KAW KE100,CZ 988-1,YAM FZ1
    Hey Bill,

Randsburg.....Wow what a great place to ride! I grew up in Ridgecrest racing District 37 events and trail riding all over the area for many years. Still have a lot of friends and riding buddys out there. I hear the riding has been awsome with all the rain. I really miss that area during this time of year.

Please let me know when the 11' 511's arrive. I need come down from La Center and get my "Mojo" on for a new ride this year.

Take Care,
    MAC
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Well you better saddle up and get to Salem then. There are a pair of TE511s and TXC511s on the floor. One of the TXCs is mine, but still plenty for you.
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey Mac that is a blast down there,like Lonny said they are here We have everything now but the SM449/511s andCr150s on the way.