1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Restoration

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by EvilMoto, Apr 6, 2017.

1. EvilMoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi everyone.

I haven't used my 2005 sm125 for nearly 7 years! It's been sat in the garage feeling sorry for itself. I suffered some sort of too end seizure and haven't used it since. The top end was removed​ so i could inspect the damage. It has been off ever since.
    The time and funds have arrive for the bike to be restored and rebuilt. I'm going to be purchasing a kit from Walt to take it to 162cc.

As the top end has been off for years and internals exposed, what's the best place for me to start with restoring the bike? I assume a full tear down of the engine is necessary, if I do, what do i need to inspect, what tolerances do i need to measure, what bearings/seals should i replace?

Whilst i had the too end off i did notice i could move the Conrod side to side a few mm, i don't know if this normal, i suppose it depends what bearings are used on the crankshaft.

Are there any wise experts here who can help and point me in the right direction restore my bike?
    I also want to send off the suspension and have that serviced too.i would imagine sat that long has done it no good.

Thanks in advance
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    If the top end has been off for all that time and left uncovered I would think at least a set of mains and seals would be in order but who knows, If the bike was run on a good quality oil they may be fine.
    Get hold of the rod and get the crank spinning if it sounds and or feels rough its got to come apart.
    As for the rod it is built with a degree of side to side movement but should have none up and down.
    Best of luck with the project and how about a pic of the motor / crank ect.