1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Replacement kickstand 08 TE - anyone recevied one yet?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by lairpost, Oct 18, 2008.

1. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Has anyone received the redesigned/proper bend TE kickstand from Husky? Is it worth continuing to wait? My dealer still has no clue when they might land, I'm thinking I should cut and weld mine but won't bother if the replacements are decent (and going to show up before the new year).

Thanks
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    What replacement kickstand? Haven't heard of this before.
  3. PhilM Husqvarna

Yes please fill me in. I had no idea they were faulty...

Thanks
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

The one that they put on the 09's.

David
  5. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

better foot position but still about 1/2" too long, the bike is too upright & easy to knock over :thumbsdown:
  6. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Perhaps you got a 'good' one. Many don't angle away from the bike enough when down to adequately support the bike, as Dags said, the foot is too close to the bike and too long.

I'll set about making my own from aluminum.

Thanks
  7. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

the early vin bikes had the problem stand, the later ones were upgraded, albeit still not a good thing, just a tad better
  8. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    My 07 TE610 side stand works great when I have my SM wheels on, otherwise I need to find a hill... Funny they went from too short to too long...must be men in charge!!
  9. bendbiker Husqvarna
    B Class

The 08 TE side stand truly is an engineering blunder!

I don't think a different side stand will solve the problem. A long or shorter stand will only help in unique ground conditions, i.e. softer/harder slope/no slope. Also changing the bend of the side stand to cause it to angle out and away from the bike will also cause it to angle out when in the up position. That won't look good and it sure could get in the way of a quick "get-off."

The solution is something like Motosportz http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/Kicker_details.htm new mount and stand. Or bend out the existing mounting tab which will allow the stand to angle out when down and yet when the stand is up, it will tuck in close to the bike. The geometry of that tab is what will solve our problem. It's a simple fix for Husky during manufacturing. It's a bit of a problem to bend that tab out without hurting the frame. Anyone try this?

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/Kicker_details.htm
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Our new kick stand will work on the 08-09 TE if you cut the tab off the frame.

Here is the stand by itself for reference. The top bracket is anodized aluminum and bottom is steel and the stand itself is aluminum. Top two bolts go into the pipe/subframe mounts and the lower bolt goes int he bottom chain roller.

[IMG]
  11. BigNavyRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Kickstand Tab --

I think I have actually bent my tab in when the bike fell one time. I f**King hate that thing. I love the bike so much it just bugs me they could not figure out a simple thing like the stand.

My other problem is that I swap wheels to supermoto. I would pay good money for a stand that would be adjustable.

Any chance of this in the future Kelly?
  12. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just received my kickstand MOD with three adjustable positions including sumo mode from Shawn (SMRanger)! He is the man and did a great job I'm sure a lot of TE guys will be contacting him SOON. I will be posting up pics tomorrow.

David
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    YES, we have a SM length kick stand as well.
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I posted this on TT. I asked Shawn to MOD it with three adjustable pin lengths. The first hole position makes the kickstand too long for normal usage, but perfect on the trail when you need the extra length for dips ad angles. The second hole position is for normal usage on the street or trail and the third hole position (which makes the kickstand short) is perfect for super motard or normal usage with slopes. The base of the kickstand has a much larger footprint so that it spear into the dirt and most importantly it sits flush with the ground!!! Again, Shawn is the man

This is the kickstand in sumo position, which still works for regular usage...check out the angle of the bike.
    [IMG]

This is the bike/kickstand in normal position.
    [IMG]

This the base of the kickstand.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Here are the pin positions.
    [IMG]

Here is a closer look at the pin.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is a closer look at the spring inside the kickstand.
    [IMG]

David
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now if Kelly would just whip up an adjustable billet version that is sexy...
  17. WIthumper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would any of these bolt right up to an 07 610? The stock one is dangerous.