1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Replace ADC automatic decompression cam TE models

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Duckman, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Duckman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi all,

I am looking for a how-to for replacing the auto compression cam on my 2008 TE510. I think mine is worn out. The bike spins but does not start, untill i pull the manual lever for decompression and let it go again. Than the bike will fire up and runs like it should.

Read a lot about the ADC and ordered the parts to replace it. has anyone a how-to for this? What are the things to look after to do it right.

Tips and tricks needed ;) is it as easy as it looks?
  2. Duckman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Email notifications on
  3. Duckman Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Make sure your exhaust valve is at the tight end of the spec (left valve IIRC); this is the biggest reason for the ADC not working good, it seems.

I imagine- but do not know, that the spring and maybe the actuating arm are the big wear items.

good luck.
  5. Duckman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ordered the parts for replacing the ADC, i will check the clearance also tomorrow. I have a ride on sunday.

The parts will arrive later next week i hope. I am curious how difficult it is too replace the adc part. I only found one post on this forum that it wasn't that difficult but a How-To would be nice :)
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No cams on Ebay?
  7. Duckman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't look on eBay. Called my dealer and the parts were only €69 ($73,50) now looking for the tips and tricks for the actual replacement