1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Repair the nut inserted into the fuel tank?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by te450dean, Jun 10, 2017.

1. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any one have a good idea on how to fix up the nut insert that is in the fuel tank that the side/fuel tank fender screws down to?

Bike shop must of used a impact gun on it and could not undo it with out breaking the plastic weld,

Not sure if I should just glue it back in. Or anyone know of any better ways that will hold it back in there??
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    I have fixed these with an extrusion welder . And pe 100 welding rod . Stuck pretty well on gasgas tanks .
    Really if you want it done properly talk to a plastic welder that can test the plastic type and weld a new nut in it

Have u got the nUT and chunk of plastic that was ripped put ? Could just use a heat gun to melt each bit and put it back together . Put up a picture ?
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    BTW, hit all of 'em with anti-seize (especially important ones like the pump flange bolts, petcock, etc). It was probably corrosion, not over-torque, that caused your problem.

Also, do a search... there have several fixes mentioned. Although epoxy resin is not recommended for PE, many have reported success.

Good luck.
  4. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweet thanks guys.

Yeah it happened when it was pretty new, think first value check, after that I just left it on til the plastics needed to be replaced, yeah I have the nut, I'll give plastic welding a go,