1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

removing the hoop

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by mattskn, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

I like the way the CR rear fender without the hoop looks and since ive already raked the frames (pics to come soon) I figure whats cutting the hoop off going to hurt..My question is were dose the CR frame stop I need a reference point to make my cut..I was thinking right after the seat mount and exhaust mount tabs..A close up pic would be great if any of you guys could post one that would be great...
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I've got an 81 CR 430 that I can send you pictures of. Will try to do it in the a.m. Looking forward to info on your raked frame... I really want to do that.
    Pic
  3. HuskyT Moderator

rear subframe

[IMG]
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Very nice Husky T!! Project looks great.

Here are some shots of my unrestored 81 430 CR. I thought the length would come out to some convenient mm measurement, but it looks like 1.25" is on the money.

Attached Files:

5. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the pics and the measurements guys...The frame rake was fairly straight forward, I will get some pics today when I sandblast the frame..
  6. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

I also bobbed my frame and it worked great. I bought the plastic plugs from Hall's and they went right in. I have a really weird XC frame as it had the rear loop but did not have the bottom loop. It also has a CR number.
    I look forward to the pictures of your new frame rake and how it works for you.
    Mike
  7. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can't wait to see this!! Are you teasing us?
  8. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

I took and measure a 1 1/4 fromt he seat mounts, took the sawzall and cut the hoop off and then welded some bolts into fill the holes in the tube. Took out the grinder and ground them down flat looks like it will do the job..:thumbsup: