Remove Endcap From Stock Exhaust?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Howard70, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello:

I'm fiddling with a second stock exhaust from a 2008 TE610 that I picked up from someone who replaced it with an aftermarket system.

I'd like to see if I can fit a PMB endcap with approved spark arrestor to it. Its dry here in New Mexico and I suspect that the Forest Service, BLM and other land management agencies will be particularly vigilant this summer regarding spark arrestors.

So I'm trying to remove the stock endcap. I have the rivets drilled out completely and I'm trying to get the endcap out. No luck so far. Tried taping on the slightly exposed edge that mates with the aluminum casting and I tried hooking the inside edge with an "L" shaped piece of stock. Neither seems to budge the cap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard L. Snell
  2. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello Reddog:

Thanks for the link. I'd seen that post. I'm hoping to avoid cutting the casting which is what I understand Larryboy did.

Howard L. Snell
  4. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

5. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello BentAero:

Thanks for the link. I'll try that. I wasn't using a hook when I tried the "L" shaped piece of stock and the "L" wouldn't hold. The hook looks like a better idea.

Howard L. Snell