1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Red Gas tank

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by mattskn, Feb 3, 2009.

1. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

what color red did husky use in the late 70s on the tanks..Im doing something a little different with my 83 XC..Black frame and seat, white plastic buying the universal UFO front and back fenders stock side panels, and yellow back grounds with a red tank with black inlay..black shock springs with red shock bodies ,and if I get really adventures powder coat the rims black. I spent the last 2 day sand blasting every piece on the bike now I'm just waiting for my friend to put the powder on..What do you guys think? in my head it looks cool kinda like a 80 cr are there any changes you would make? I was thinking of powdering the swingarm metallic gray?
  2. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. HuskyT Moderator

80 CR ...cool... hmmmmm:thinking::D:D:D

Sounds great to me.... every Husky is Unique. I think the black frame sounds great ... are you doing a matte(flat) finish or gloss..... ?

Yellow seems to be the hot choice for backgrounds.... are you getting custom backgrounds printed with #s???
  4. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    My 75 250 CR has had a black frame since 78. I thought it was cool back then at 15. Now I just might go with the white 83 style.
  5. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Were can I find preprints?
    Do any of you know were I can get some griper material for my seat cover.
    The finish is going to be gloss black. I'M still tossing around the idea of a gray swing arm..I need to make up my mind I'm powdering it Friday.
  6. HuskyT Moderator

Any decent MX graphics shop e.g. ZLT MX ID can make you custom preprints if you supply them with either the plastic number plate itself or an existing background decal..... they will usually charge you about $25 or $25 for artwork + the decal itself..... For your bike I would guesstimate about $50 out the door for three custom preprinted number plate decals......

JMO but go all black for continuity of frame and swingarm.....

T
  7. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dudes! I make 100% exact repros of the Husky Products oval number plates in yellow or white (the green just doesn't cut it), see th epics on the "for sale" section of this site. $30 for 3 plus 410 flat rate shipp9ong anywhere in US.
  8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Dude! That's awesome! But I can't find them! (seems like a decent price, too)
  9. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Leftcoast,
    Can't find the Husky Product repo number plates either - I'm in. Will need some white ones for my project. Post some up for all to see.
    Mattskn,
    Try a search for "Hi-Flite". They make foam and covers for our bikes. All colors (including some wild graphics) and anti-slip are available. Talk to Tracy, she is very helpful.
    Rick

Thanks for the info Schimmelaw I've added the link for you http://www.hi-flite.com/mx.html HuskyT
  10. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Schimmelaw & Picklito- send me an email at allenmcka@gmail.com, I'll forward pics and PayPal info.

Allen

BTW, that Hi-Flite link is th schizzle. I have an original on my 430 so it's good to know I can get replacements.
  11. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Little update
    finished the forks need to get 1/4 20 bolts to replace the studs to hold the axle in the studs were shot..
    Powder coat the gas tank red. I just finished stripping it now need to blast it.
    Powder coat the rear shocks the same red as the tank..
    What do you guys think keep the air box white or black....:excuseme:

Attached Files:

12. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mattskn- I have some race upgrades from an '83 250CR you might be interested in:
    - Excel rims (18/21) and Buchannon SS spoke & nipples
    - Boost bottle, reed cage & manifold
    - Acsh pipe & Husqvarna Race team cylinder mods w/new piston (super rare & fast)
  13. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

This $200 dollar project is getting out of hand:D
  14. HuskyT Moderator

Add a 0 and then times it by 2 ! :D:D:banghead:
  15. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

I Painted the tank, rattle canned it International red a color ACE hardware offers. What do you think?:thumbsup::thumbsdown:I might paint the other side white with red insert to see how that looks. The other side it still aluminum.

Attached Files:

16. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Put new throttle cable,clutch cable.F&R fender ufo universal fit up nice and sealed up the air box..Waiting on fluid for the rear shocks, Front and rear brake shoes, and powder for the tank and shock bodies, red metallic I'm not going original color nothing else is..

Attached Files:

17. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lookin' good but is that a ROCKIN chair in your garage??! Man, now that's old school!
  18. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

mattskn,
    I'll second Leftcoast - looks good - continue forward!!!

Leftcoast - number plate backgrounds are bitchn - thanks!

Rick
  19. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

The wife and I just had our first child a son 5 weeks ago. I haven't had time to take it in the house to the babies room yet...:thumbsup:To much diaper changing and Husky building..I keep telling my wife the Husky is for our son but I dont think shes buying what I'm selling...
  20. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Shoulda named him Heikki