1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Recluse left hand rear brake set up.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by al jorgensen, Jul 24, 2017.

1. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    I am working on installing a Recluse left hand mounted rear brake master cylinder and lever on a 2009 TE 450 (that already has a Recluse clutch installed).

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that the `manual decompressor` handle has to go in order to position the clucth handle and the rear brake handle in a mutually agreeable position.

So that means no more manual decompressor, I have only owned the bike for about a year and due to other commitments (and having several other bikes), I have only ridden it for about 45 miles but have already decided it needs alternative rear brake actuation when the Recluse clutch `free wheels`.

So the question(s) are as follows: Is it possible to source a new lid for the hydraulically actutated clutch master cylinder that do not have the `manual compression lever` mount incorporated on it?

Furthermore, is the manual decompresor critical? The operators manual lists its use `for when the carburator floods or when the battery is weak.

Well, the 2009 Te 450 is fuel imjected and my battery is almost new so what is the experience in this community?

Thanks!