1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rear suspension maintenance on a 2006 TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Coffee, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is a thread in the Tech Ref area about this, here is a link for completeness:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/rear-suspension-maintenance-on-a-2006-te250.1422/#post-25794

Remove brake from swing arm, note one is a sheet metal screw and another is a bolt

[IMG]

Support brake

[IMG]

Remove brake pedal

[IMG]

Remove cover, kickstand, and roller from left side

[IMG]

Pic says it all

[IMG]

Glad I did the suspension that bolt was a bit dry

[IMG]

[IMG]

All clean, bolt on left needs washer (not shown).

[IMG]

There is a bushing with shoulder in swing arm, then washer, then nut all under the plastic covers

[IMG]

These grease fittings are nice but not complete - I would not rely on the grease fittings greasing everything.
    Also the file "2006-DOHC-Husky-parts.pdf" is different than what this TE250 had. Here is a nice feature:

[IMG]
  2. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Dean, I knew you'd have a shot of it somewhere!!!
  3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Step #1

Wash bike....:excuseme:
  4. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

How were the swingarm pivot bearings when you checked them? Just wondering how soon I'll have to look at mine on my '07.
    You don't trust the grease fittings to lube the linkage? I usually pump a lot of grease in mine to make sure it's coming out of all the bearing joints. Then I pump some more to purge out the old stuff with new. It's messy but nothing some rags can't handle.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :lol:

The swingarm was well greased as I recall.

Grease fittings work great! Except one of the bearings (as shown in pic, the one that goes to the shock) does not seem to have a passage hole on this bike so that one is not greased. In addition, while 2 of the bearings are greased the part between the bolt and bushing is not. Bolt has a bushing around it, the the bearing goes around the bushing, hence the bolt had no grease and could easily seize the bushing to the bolt as mine was showing signs of surface rust even though I ride in a dry environment.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks for that write up :thumbsup:

What kind of grease do y'alls prefer for the zerk fittings?
    I've always used the Bel Ray waterproof blue crap, but I dont think they make cartridges to fit my grease gun.

Never had a bike with zerk fittings. What a concept. Too bad the Japanese haven't caught on to it :banghead:
  7. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

I use a good quality automotive bearing grease in a cartridge. One that is petroleum or synthetic based preferably. Not one that is water soluble.
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I bought a mini grease gun and just filled it with my favorite grease.

Try not to get to much air in the gun, better to cut the end off the grease tube a squeeze a lot in at once.:thumbsup:

[IMG]