1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Rear Shocks for "77" 360

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by redman, Mar 5, 2018.

1. redman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    77 360 automatic
    Other Motorcycles:
    ec200 Gas Gas
    So, I'm in need of a pair of rear shocks for my '77'. I have the original shocks that came on the bike and they are shot (leaking badly). I've been searching for a vintage pair of Ohlins or Works Performance shocks to have them rebuilt, but they are very hard to locate.

My question is what shocks are you running and most importantly, how do they perform? I plan on running several ARHMA events this year.

Thanks.
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    OK, in my completely humble and unbiased opinion (as always he he he), my top 4 recommendations are:

1. Ohlins
    2. Ohlins
    3. Ohlins
    4. Ohlins

These will perform on par with anything you can buy today, and they say "Husky" like nothing else. Don't rule out buying a complete parts bike to get a set as you can get your money out of the other spares. And, if you don't mind a biased opinion:

5. Ohlins
    hvaloz2 likes this.
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    You could use Progressives but they will not last if you ride competitively. Then you will wish you had Works Performance or Ohlins.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I had new progressive shocks and matched there springs to my weight. Ok they worked but the ride wasnt as plush as my 81/250cr with the Olin’s with the gas bottles. I don’t think the longevity is there in competition when they get hot. I don’t compete.

Finding a set of Olin’s is hard but the cost of them can be out of sight too. Watch eBay and checkout the Swede huskys only forum on Facebook.
  5. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
    My 77 360 came with Curnutts and there still on it and i love them.Today i just scored a set of ohlins on ebay for $202.50 I plan on having WER rebuild them and put them on my 420ae I never rode a bike with ohlins on it but i have heard nothing but great things about them on this forum and i have been trying to get a set since last summer but they have been going for 4 bills and up on ebay.I think i lucked out because they were listed as vintage husky shocks on the auction and not ohlins sometimes it pays to be vigilant i guess.
  6. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    Thank You dumpbear. The price of anything Ohlins is making me weep.
  7. redman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    77 360 automatic
    Other Motorcycles:
    ec200 Gas Gas
    Thanks for the input. I would definitely like to get a set of Ohlins but an old set is hard to find.I thought I had a set of Works Performance but that didn't pan out. If anybody knows a source of old Ohlins at a reasonable price I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
  8. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    You could check with Scott (Chayzed Pilot) on a set of Curnutts. He built me a set for my 1976 250CR and they work great.
    dumpbear likes this.