1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Rear rim outer seal?.

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I have a 79 rear rim it is missing the outer wheel bearing seal. Does anyone know the seal number?
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The seal goes into the hub. I am pretty sure you can order one from Halls with the information supplied above. It is unclear if you want the part number or the id , od and thickness and some other codes for the type or configuration of the lips.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I need the old, the I'd and the thickness if no number is available. After market is affordable.
  4. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Parts list says its 25x42x7.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Thanks, bill I'm changing rear tires, wheel bearings with new seals.

There $3+ each.
    Eric The Leg likes this.
  6. Eric The Leg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 WR400, 1985 WRX400, 1979 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Kawasaki KZ 440
    I'm with you on aftermarket seals and wheel bearings. I take a handful of seals and wheel bearings to my local bearing shop and they can usually hand me all new in about 10 minutes. It can be as easy as an oil change. After a ride or two with a squishy back end, I'm fairly proactive when it comes to replacing wheel bearings, too cheap not to replace on a bike that's been sitting, or on one that's due for a major service.
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I am pretty sure some of my wheels do not have a seal. Most do, the spacer is the same to make it mount up. As with most all applications similar there is a piece the seal rides against that, seeing as these are dirt bikes, gets a wear ring right where the seal lip rides. Change them sure, ask on an internet forum if you can't or don't want to figure it out yourself. For me a bearing shop is close to an hour away. I consider them industrial supply not aftermarket. Aftermarket to me means all balls, tucker rocky, parts unlimited and not sure those are going to save you enough $ over the Husky supplier to bother. Heck some of the parking donations are $15 at events now. Actually I have gotten stuff like this at NAPA. You may well be offered a choice of different parts all with the same dimensions. Just went through this on something else besides a motorcycle and the oem part was more impressive. Not that it matters for a wheel seal, If you really care take the wheels off after a mud ride, and clean as one seems appropriate.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I find everything online cheap but I perfer viton seals for crank seals. I ordered standard seals for the rims not viton.

www.oringsandmore.com/

Fast shipping too. Time to shop smart. Next I need to disassemble tranny and get numbers for tranny bearings. I can do that. I want to build the tranny's with new bearings too.

Sorry there was no seal in the rim and my digital calipers are mia so I asked here. My digital calipers are in a box of parts somewhere. The parts are coming in so regularly I can't keep up. I ordered shelving to setup my parts department. Large plastic bins so I can pull parts for each bike as needed.