1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rated generator-power on a TE 449?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mojorod, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    I´ll be running a simple night-enduro event this weekend. So what´s the max powerload for the standard generator? Can´t find it in the workshop manual!?

Don´t want to overload with too much LED-lights, because then I might kill it...
  2. Blaster11 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GSA, HP2 Enduro, and a DRZ434S
    I was told it was about 160 Watts.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Yep, pretty much any bike with EFI is cranking out major wattage....we just did a 24 hour event on a 13 310 and had no problem running an old 80 watt HID. Another guy on our team had a new KTM 350...he ran a big LED off his battery (when he tried to run through the standard headlight harness it blew fuses). Always a good idea to add a battery pack powered helmet light...it follows your eyes and it gives you backup in case the bike light goes out (see fuse comment above)
  4. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    Generator current (long time - 10...11A, peak - 14A).
  5. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    Ok, so approx 10A / 120w is no probs. I installed a new cable direct from the battery and fused it 10A to the extra halogen headlight and the 3000 lumen LED helmet light.
    Thank you guys :applause:
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    196 watts from the Kymco 449
  7. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta rev 3, coverted yzf250 wr.
    are the lights run from an ac or dc circuit on the 449/511. was looking at putting an hid headlight on but wasnt sure if it could be cut into the lighting circuit or would have to come direct from battery. was only looking at running a 35w hid as they put out about 60w normal light. not for night events just to use as a get me home at night.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It's AC out of the stator, then DC out of the regulator. Standard lamps on the 449 are 35 watts. My advice to you is to run lights from the battery and not from the regulator light circuit. Either may work fine, but it is better to use the battery as a buffer and stress the regulator less. If you wish the lights to come on automatically, a simple transistor in circuit will sense power from the light circuit and automatically turn on your new lights.
  9. tomlurge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none, but considering a 449 or a 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    moto morini 3.5, moto guzzi scramble
    How many watts does the EFI use?
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    quick way to find out: unplug the "dc" relay (or the lights, if that does not exist) and regulator. then measure the battery current while idling the bike steady. multiply by the battery voltage to give you watts. which, except for the coil, would be the EFI wattage. unless I missed a component.

I'd guess <4amps (<=50W) on a TC, so maybe a bit more (extra TPS, servomotor, oxygen sensor, others?) for a TE.

The fuel pump is less than a 1/2 amp running in the air, and will eventually blow a 15amp fuse when stalled. I would guess 1.5-3amps nominal. This would be your biggest variant.

these are guesses (well, except the fuel pump at no-load. I measured that) and I could be w-a-a-a-a-a-y off. Why are you interested in the wattage?
  11. tomlurge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none, but considering a 449 or a 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    moto morini 3.5, moto guzzi scramble
    Thanks for the info, and good point about the fuel pump!
    I'd just like to know how many consumers I can add, like additional halogen beams and/or some heated clothing.

And I can't measure it since I don't own one - and I haven't bought one since I'm still trying to figure out if it will suit my needs, or if I should rather go the more conventional way and get an XChallenge (but: "heavy", "boring", ugly etc. ;-)