Radiator Help

Discussion in '610/630' started by xaman, Sep 14, 2014.

1. xaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell XB12X, Yamaha WR250X
    Hello all,

I'm having some radiator issues... About a month ago my right radiator sprung a leak. Turns out it was a hairline crack along one of the ridges. I had a local guy silver solder it and all seemed well. Until today... The left radiator leaked while out riding.

Pulled the radiator, and it looks like essentially the same kind of leak in almost exactly the same place. First ridge just at the lower mounting point to the frame. I couldn't get the hairline crack to show up, but see the pencil pointing -- it's about 1" long on the top of the ridge.

[IMG]

Now I'm scratching my head wondering if I ought to replace them both, or have the same guy solder again, or what... I'm wondering now if there is something wrong and a new rad will just bust in the same way.

Any advice from those more knowledgable than myself would be welcomed.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Not sure what kind of bike it is, but its possible it is getting thin from corrosion.
    It could also be a cap that it holding too much pressure & stressing the tubes.
    If the bike is getting on a bit it could just be fatigue near the mounts.
    You could get it repaired & pressure tested again & might be OK, but if it fails again & you cook the engine the price of the radiators will seem cheap.

Zipty also have waterless coolant, by all accounts it won't corrode if left too long like water based coolant & reduces overall system pressure by not expanding. You could try that too.
  3. xaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to mention it's a 2011 TE630, about 8500 miles.
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  5. xaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome, that's very helpful. Thinking I'll order the Myler's super cool rads for the TC250. Hope it's really a straight fit.
  6. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    If you ordered and installed the 250 rads how are they holding up? Did they fit good and did you have to do any modifications for them? Thank you