Radiator Guards with replacement radiators

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by msmith345, Jun 28, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Hey, I've been using the guards since new and I still managed to bust a radiator last weekend. The guard is still in great shape, no sign of damage, so the core just managed to break a weld or something.

Anyway, there are 3 radiators listed in the Husky parts catalog for the 2012 WR 300, Alexon (those are what were on mine stock), KTM, and TOYO. Their are also cheap options available on ebay, PGI I think was the brand on those.

So, my question is, will any of these options work with the guards, or should I make sure I replace the busted one with the exact replacement?

Thanks.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I believe all the factory listed ones will work just fine. I would stay away from the alexons since they have already failed you once.
  3. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just my impression of the chinese rads on Ebay. I bought a pair for my 08 WR250f. They fit perfect and are about 30% thicker. Welds look beefy and so do the radiators. I have had zero problems with them and at $85 shipped a great deal!
  4. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Thanks guys. I didn't want to risk it not fitting, so I had my dealer go ahead and order the same thing I had (alexon).