1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Rad Valve 42-E

Discussion in '2st' started by demi, Dec 18, 2017.

1. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Any of you guys get one yet for the 17+ 250/300???

If so, thoughts? I have one in the box, but also have the VF4R already mounted...
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    both of them are top tier products the choice is the choice of what brand and setup you want. cant lose either way.
    demi likes this.
  3. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeah, true. I may run the VF4R for now since it is on there, then give the Rad a try.
  4. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    How about some pics of the RAD. Cam.
  5. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Well the VForces leek air. Sooo........ Tell me that the rad valve is an aluminum body and not plastic??
  7. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Ummm... Do the reeds seal air tight on the VF4? Or better on the Boyesen?
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Boy that rad valve is a nice looking setup. I wonder how it would fit with a Lectron.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

While true I have been told over and over that does not matter. They seal instantly with back pressure. I installed a V-force reed system on my 02 CR250 husky and it gained an amazing amount of bottom end power.
    pvduke and robertaccio like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    As Motosportz reiterated from many top tier tuners, the crankcase vacuum of the piston going up opens them and the crankcase pressure wave for transfer will close them....remember this is the reed pedals slamming open and shut at 1000s (rpm) of times per minute or if you want to do math for about 83 times per second at 5000 rpm.......OK yes if the reed is cracked and has a big leak or completely unable to seal even under a wave of pressure, you will have an issue. All this internet stuff about seeing a sliver of light is way down on negligible scale in regards to reed valve tech and engineering. And yes fact is they should be sealed in static position, and yes the OEM sets are prone to being sliver of light open. As mine were, the key to the Rad and the V4 (V3) is that they are built to a higher degree of spec not cheaply mass produced as the OEM units are. Additional my 14 TE300 and 17 TX300 both ran.run better with V4 reeds in them along with proper tuning. Both of these top tier products are used on top tier tuner bikes, they dont arbitrarily leak, thats mostly or if trend analysis is done found to be caused by the non top tier installers in their garage, no doubt.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've also heard of VForce systems leaking around the boot. Never heard of them having leaks at the pedal/cage interface like the newer KTM/Husky OEM ones. The boot leaks, as you know, are easily fixed with some gasket maker. I use yamabond on both where the reed cage goes up against the cylinder and where the boot goes up against the cage.
  12. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would also like to hear which works better v force or rad valve. Kinda like Rad valve looks better, I am still running stock reeds at 85 hours and doing winter tear down and top end rebuild and thinking about changing reeds while I am at it but have heard it not worth it other say it is. My bike pulls hard never stalls with just jd jetting kit and sx head mod that it so far. Compression test show like new still but new top end would be cheap insurance for next year riding.