1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rad fan 510SMR

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by cbreakin, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    My 510SMR now has close to a 1000 miles on it and the whole time I've owned it I've never seen the radiator fan come on. A few times I've been suck idling in traffic on warm days and was surprised to not hear the sound of the fan spooling up. Can you guys with more experience with the bike tell me if this sounds normal? Dose the coolant have to be nuclear fission hot before the fan will turn on, or is mine not working? This bike is obviously equipped with a coolant temp sensor, a coolant temp display on the dash would have been nice. Thanks in advance!
  2. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wondering the same bout my TE310 as the fan has yet to kick on, even in the slow tight twistys. If the think never comes on, I'm pullin it off. Things a heavy little bugger for what it is! I'll do that though and be sorry when I'm stuck in a gully cause my bike overheated!
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    My fan came on the day I got my 510...cuz I just started it and let it run til it did...thing got pretty hot.
    So I knew it worked.
    And then only a couple of other times when I was in some really nasty stuff and not moving very fast...eh I mean at all.:D

Compared to my Trials Bike, that little sucker comes on in about two minutes and runs forever...almost.
  4. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Thanks for the replies! I guess the consensus is these bikes need to get really hot before the fan activates. Like ktmtom, I may consider removing mine. This bike is an SM track/canyon toy which is rarely used in heavy traffic, or other situations where long periods diminished air flow over the radiators should be encountered. On the other hand I'm not a good enough rider to notice any weight savings and the fan, as installed, isn't really in the way of any routine maintainace...and I'm lazy so it'll probably stay. : cheers: