1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Racing 1982.5 and 1983 CR 500'S

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by scottm, Jul 18, 2015.

1. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1984 xc 500 1982.5 silver streak
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    Almost ready for the 2015 Maxima oils Conondale classic in Australia
    The bikes are 1 - 1982.5 CR 500 SILVER STREAK 1 - 1983 CR 500 1 - 1984 XC 500
    The 3 bikes are mine and will have Brad Kirkels - Craig Anderson multi time Australian Champion
    Darryl King - twice runner up 500 GP rider and Ex Husqvarna team
    The 3 bikes have been up north of Sydney getting custom made exhausts fitted and are currently being dyno tuned
    first figures show the S/Streak at 51 hp with a very long torque curve , which is how I want the motors.
    I have concentrated on the S/Streak first which has new fork springs and gold valves in the forks and revalved rear shocks - all new bars - levers - cables
    original rims where discarded for the same but nos, head has a stainless decomp fitted and is running the monster 44 carb
    I will put up some photos as soon as I get a chance - I would like to thank Andy Elliott from HVA UK for his support
    86 400 XC likes this.
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    fark yes . def needs photos . and a lot of video . be wicked to see some highly skilled people ride a 500 in anger . when i was growing up the king brothers were the sports celebrities i knew . not rugby homos
    PEZBerq likes this.
  3. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    Sounds awesome!!! Good luck for the racing season - fly that Husky flag with pride!

Andy Elliott.
  4. slosh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 wr 430, 84 wr 500, 86 cr 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 Husqvarna wr250, 99 Suzuki rmx250
    You have done well getting a dream team like that together. Looking forward to the videos. Will they be racing Pre 85 or Evo class?
  5. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    The class is a one off

PRIME 8 WORLD TWIN SHOCK CHALLENGE

15 minute race x three races $1000 first place and 3 x holeshot prizes of $100 , should get a few bikes and riders out of the garage and onto the track
  6. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Photos please. Are the pipes being done by Geoff Morris?
  7. Bengt Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you been in my garage...??? :):D IMG_2190.JPG
  8. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    Havnt been in your garage - but I intend to.
    Pipes are built by a bloke in NSW who builds pipes for KTM 2 strokes - he made 5 for the 3 different models , there will be a Silver Streak and a CR 500 - 83 model that I will be selling after Conondale. The S/S has been rebored and has a complete nos gearbox . Hopefully D.K wont bust it .
  9. Bengt Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ha ha...have you tried Andys pipes at HVA ?
  10. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    AD398 (4)con.JPG AD398 (5)con.JPG AD398 (2)con.JPG Heres our pit shade for The Maxima Racing Oils Conondale Classic
  11. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    Good work guys! Can someone invent time travel so I can 'nip' over please???

Andy
  12. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    All three bikes have been picked up from AXIS MOTORSPORTS , Cardiff Newcastle , I have to give Hoppo , who has spent many long hours trying pipes , ignitions and carbys , then spending hours on his Dyno , figures are in the low 50"s , the exhausts have benefited the bikes with around 4-5 hp, very happy.
    A bit of background on Hoppo, he spent 6years with Mitch Payton , 'PRO CIRCUIT" developing R.C"s AMA wining bikes, He also had some pipes from those days in his factory that where made from Titanium , and they are works of art and super light.
    I sat down with him yesterday for around 2hrs , and learnt more in that time than the last couple of months with regards to race prep.He knows what racings about.He has given me the best he can, so I suppose its up to Mick and I to check everything each time the 'OL RATTLERS" come in from each , practice-race.
    Next Saturday we will be giving the bikes the SILICONE treatment , putting them in the bike trailer and packing the trailer with our gear and spares.
    I bought a roller bike starter,' we cracked a few engine cases from the kick starter sharft flexing', what a benefit this has been , 3rd or 4th , clutch in and hit the starter , no more cracked cases,
    Anyway thats about it from me until we pack next week , some pictures then and we are set to go, also I purchased a drone with a bottom mounted gimble and a gopro 4 , we have a tv show in Australia called MXTV , spoke to the guy who runs it and he is going to use my drone to film all that part of the races, so expect to catch some great VMX footage
    husqyman likes this.
  13. scoott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 Huskies from 1979 to 1987
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM's from 01 to 2010.
    For starting my 500 Huskies, I machined a spot on the head and fit a compression release with auto reset. Push the top down to open the release, pops out & seals when engine fires, and off you go. Quick & easy, makes the 500 kick over like a 250.

( Kind of hard to carry a roller set around the track with you);)
    ajcmbrown likes this.
  14. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    put it in the barrel like you are supposed to
  15. darren7878 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 CR390 and 84 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 Maico, 79 Kawasaki, 88 Honda
    We need pictures of the pipes and bikes :cheers:
  16. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    We have fitted the stainless steel decomp to the heads on 2 of the bikes , time didnt allow the third to be fitted, patience Grasshopper , next weekend we will have some photos , the bikes are 250 kms away from me, or 3 hours drive each way, and I have done the drive more times than I care to remember in the last 12 months , more so in the last 2 months
  17. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
  18. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    puulleeeze get a go pro for the racing. would love to hear those big girls in action
  19. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
  20. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico