Quick Race Report

Discussion in 'Racing' started by mxer74, Apr 27, 2009.

1. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey all,
    I FINALLY got to race for the first time this year this past weekend (the weather has been crazy with rain and it is scheduled to rain this coming weekend TOO!). Anyway, for the first race of the season PLUS the first race in well over a 1 1/2 years I wasn't expecting too much. I just turned 25 years old this past January which now makes me eligible to race the +25 A class......which I really look forward to. Weather was nice (a little warm for the first race of the season and it still being April, 85 degrees and sunny) and the track was really good. +25 A class had 7 riders in it (of course, all the +25 A guys are past Open/250 A riders and still HALL THE MAIL!!!) and I ended up getting the holeshot in BOTH motos and finished 2-2 for my moto scores.....BUT......that put with the OVERALL WIN! Knowing the finishing order of Moto 1 (meaning who finished where), in Moto 2 I was pressing for the lead but realized there was no need so I settled in for 2nd because I knew that would get me the O/A. I was SUPER happy with the outcome there especially being that was my first race in so long. In Open A there was 10 riders and this was when my first race luck hit me...haha. I had a pretty poor start in Moto 1, started about 7th, worked my way up to 4th after 4 laps (we race 6) only to fall in a corner the following lap (stalled it and took me a second to get going again) which delegated me back to 8th for Moto 1. Moto 2 was NO BETTER but this has a good story with it. As you guys probably know, with MX, the starter always scans the line and points at everyone to make sure there are no issues before the light goes green. Well, he didn't do that this time for some reason, the gate dropped and I was still putting on my goggles while dad was keeping the motor revved....this put me about 30 bike lengths behind last place going into the first corner. I worked past 3 people to get 7th in Moto 2 and 7th O/A. For my first race in SO long AND first race of the season, I think it was a very successful day. I realized some things I need to work on out at my track and some other things I could improve on. My fellow Husqvarna racer (who just bought an '09 TC 450 and ordered the EXACT graphics kit as me.....both our bikes were sitting underneath my big Husqvarna pop-up canopy and got TONS TONS TONS of attention), Andy Jones (also racing for Hall's Cycles), holeshot and led both motos of 14-24 (which had 14 riders) until eventually falling in both motos, so he finished 5th O/A. He finished 8th O/A in Open A where he had the same luck with getting good starts (much better than me in these motos) but fell after making a couple stupid mistakes. I will post some photos when I get a chance. Thought I would share.

Blake Young

*Oh yeah, our Hall's Cycles TC 450's worked PERFECT and FLAWLESSLY without any issues. Andy and I had TONS of people talking/looking/asking questions ALL DAY about our Husqvarna's and I honestly think a couple will turn into sales.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :applause::applause::applause::cheers: Glad things are going so good for you.:thumbsup: It can only get better from there.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for the race report Blake. And congratulations on your first O/A of the year. That's awesome your buddy bought a husky too. Ya gotta make sure to take a pic of those two huskys under your pop up with a crowd in front. Keep up the good work.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :applause:

Way to go Blake! :thumbsup:

:cheers: