Question for Bill

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by Mike-AK, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Bill:

I recently purchased a TXC injector and ECU from BMP for my 2012 TE310. I've got the injector installed. I spoke with Bryon yesterday and bought one of the ZipTy fuel tank elbows. As soon as it is here, I will pull the tank and swap out the ECU. I've also got iBeat software and a cable coming from SEMCO. My question is, other than resetting the TPS after swapping out the ECU, is there anything else BMP does with regard to iBeat settings, or is the TXC ECU already good to go as is? If you change the settings, would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

Mike
    BILLF likes this.
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Im running Pro Circuit T4GP Lowboy ex. and settings are 105/105/108 seems to run great here and over in the desert>200 ft to 3500 ft at temps from 85 down to 28 .Been working great for me.billf
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
  4. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    This may be a dumb question, but when using iBeat do the larger numbers mean richer mixture or leaner mixture?
  5. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    any number over 100 is 1% richer and leaner the other way.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Thanks. Are you running an oxygenated fuel?
  7. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is the planet Earth everything runs on oxygen,most of the time just Shell super and race gas chaser now and then cant tell alot of difference we add a bit of 2 stoke oil too our gas alot of times and K100 for bikes on the floor to keep it fresh.
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.
  8. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    My challenge up here in Alaska is that highest octane we can get at the pump is 90 (R+M/2), which is probably about 95 RON. The upside is this is pure non-oxygenated gasoline with no ethanol. The Husky manual calls for 96 RON. I can buy Sunoco 104 octane racing gas, but it is 4.5% oxygenated and 13% ethanol. Wondering which is the lesser of two evils: 1 octane number lower than the manual recommends, or a fuel that is 13% ethanol.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I recently started mixing 1/2 non ethanol premium (94 octane?) with 1/2 Aviation gas (100+?) after trying some that Walt mixed up in my two strokes.
  10. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Considered that, as we certainly have a lot of it up here, however 100LL avgas actually has quite a bit of lead in it. You wouldn't believe the amount of lead in the combustion chambers when the tear down an aircraft engine for overhaul.
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is the advantage of av gas vs race gas ?
  12. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    No ethanol. Cheaper. Availability in Alaska.
  13. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Sorry to be a pest, but what mix ratio are you using when you add the 2-cycle oil? I'm thinking with the rpm the engine is capable of it would be nice to have a little extra lube for the valves and probably be good for the fuel pump and injector as well. Thanks.
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We mix about 100-1,Spectro 3815 full synthetic anything but bean oil ,it gets gummy and seen it stick valves after sitting.we add the oil to keep a barrier between any ethanol or whatever else gas has in it now.It really helps keep corrosion between float needles and seats down and FI bikes hurts nothing just keeps a bit of lube on everything.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I was pointed over to this thread so it's revival time. I have the iBeat now and started playing with it a bit with mixed results. The baseline settings were 100/100/100. I have the TXC ECU, 12 hole injector, uncorked airbox and full FMF exhaust. Factory 4.1 rct. No O2 sensor with the resistor installed. I tried bumping up the low CO to 105 and I had a very rough idle so I lowered it down to 102 then to 101. It was around 50 degrees when I tried raising the CO so maybe that explains the rough idle? The TPS looks spot on. I use 93 octane pump gas with ethanol and 100 octane unleaded race gas with OK results. I can't figure out why raising the CO at low throttle has such a negative result. Any thoughts?
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think the TSC ECU and 12 pt is okay at around 100...at least that is what I gather form this site.

Raising the CO at idle for you must simply make the idle too rich.

I get a little "8 stroking" with mine at higher idle COs....and I even still have the 4pt injector.
    BILLF likes this.