1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Question about some bolt sizes?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mxer74, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    Could someone please post some particular bolt size for me off of a TC/TE motorcycle. Thanks!

Clutch cover/Ignition cover bolts (are the length bolts between the two covers the same - I believe they are m6 in size but I don't know the length)

Triple clamp pinch bolts (I think the upper and lower pinch bolts are the same size but I don't know what size - maybe m8 or m10 but I no idea about what length)

Handlebar mount bolts (again, I think an M8 or M10 but don't know length)

Front axle pinch bolts (M6 or M8 but don't know length)

Subframe lower mount bolts

Steering stop bolts/nuts

Brake/Clutch perch pinch bolts (m6 but don't know length)

Banjo Bolt (If I order a Ti banjo bolt for a KTM will it fit the Husky, both using Brembo brakes?)

I know this is completely not needed and a waste of money, but I am going to replace some misc. bolts with some Ti ones simply because they look awesome and I found a VERY REASONABLY priced source for them. If you have any info, please post the exact length (in mm preferably) and rod size (ex. M6, M8, M10, etc.). Thanks for any help!

Blake
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ha HA, I was just getting ready to do the same. I can get you the lengths if you give me your source!!
  3. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    This is what I was able to find for a 07. Not sure about the rest. Hope it helps.

Ignition cover - See drawing below as they have two lengths - #3 – M6x35mm #4 – M6x25mm

Clutch cover - M6x20mm (250) M6x30mm (450-510)

Triple clamp pinch bolts - Upper not sure, Lower bolts M8x40mm

Handlebar mount bolts – M8x30mm

Front axle pinch bolts - M6x25mm

Subframe lower mount bolts – M8x25mm

[IMG]
  4. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks

AWESOME! Thanks!
  5. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I looked up on that parts page and some sizes are listed but most are not, they only list the part as "screw" or "nut" and don't give any size at all. Anyway, if someone has a couple more sizes and could post I would really appreciate it:

Oil Drain Bolt (I know it is either M12 or M14 but I don't know which one)

Banjo Bolt (M10 I believe, but want to make sure it is a 1.0 thread pitch)

Front Caliper Mount Bolt (M10 I think, but what length?)

Thanks!

Also, I was informed by THE MOTORHEAD HIMSELF that the CRF rear sprocket bolts will fit but I would really like to find what rotor bolts fit the Husky's (does anyone think the KTM ones would fit?). On the Husky rotor, is there just a bolt threaded into the hub or is it like the Honda's where it's a bolt and nut? Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get stuff on it's way. Thanks!

Blake Young
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The caliper bolts are 8x40. I'm pretty sure the banjo are 10x1.25, but I'll have to check when I get home.

The drain bolt is aluminum, why bother?

I haven't found any rotor bolts yet. A regular 6mm counter shunk might be OK, but I've been trying to find bolt made as a rotor bolt. ????
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Banjo's are 10x1.0, sorry. They'll be the same as KTM.
  9. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry Blake, I didn't realize the sizes weren't listed for some. I just assumed it would.
  10. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No problem, it's not a big deal. I had looked there before and it just doesn't list some of them.....and I don't know why. Thanks anyways for the help!

Blake