1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Question about frame grounding

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Houredout401, Jan 17, 2017.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    they press out with some heat but i only do it to match good bushings in good cases, or remove good bushes from damaged cases, etc.
  2. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Hi SnoDrtRider , yes I have thought about that also . Should be easy to verify with an ohm meter . Thanks for mentioning that . If the leaves at the motor mounts were causing an issue , you should be able to test for that . 1lead on the stator and the other lead on the sleave ( clear bare metal ) you should be able to identify that easily . The ohm meter will measure the path of least resistance between the leads . So if your engine is out of the frame , very easy to check with a meter . Now lets say your engine is mounted and bolted into the frame and you want to check these leaves individually , not so easy as there may be 1 sleave where there is some corrosion and the others are good . What you might find is that it tests good as it's reading a different path than what you expect but overall the grounding circuit is good . So in my opinion the best most accurate time to check is when the engine is out of the frame then you would either eliminate or identify a problem .
    Now I check mounts while engine is on the bench , after engine is bolted into the frame and lastly stator to coil after the coil is bolted down .
    SnoDrtRider likes this.