[q] shorte side stand with wider base for TE 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by worker, May 22, 2016.

1. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    is there an aftemarket (or from different model) side stand I could purchase?
    I have short inseam and after installing some side bags and top case -- I cannot dismount the bike. As I cannot place left leg on the ground and swing the right leg over.

I need a side stand I could kick up and then dismount by relying on the foot peg
    (I am also 260 lb so the stand needs to be strong).

I tried following the side stand thread here, but could not conclusively see if there is working, read to purchase option.
  2. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    I shortened my stock te stand for use with SM wheels, and it just barely holds the bike up with the te wheels on. I don't dare try adding my weight to the stand when set up that way. I really don't think the mount on the frame is strong enough to support a riders weight, and the bike, with stock stand length and bike angle, and I think it would be worse with the shorter stand.
  3. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

thx. I actually thought it is ok to use the stock stand, and and stand on the foot peg to mount it. Is that wrong?

Also if the stock stand cannot be shortened, what's the solution for somebody with short inseam to dismount while there is bags and things on the back?
  4. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The stock stand isn't strong enough to support you, the owners manual definitely recommends against it.
    I was lucky enough to purchase the fabled Webb stand which works great!
    Thumperama likes this.
  5. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
  6. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

@bushwa, thank you.
    The video shows how to mount, barely but I can do that, and if without safety gear pants.
    THe bigger problem however is dismounting.
    Also the bike for the guy on the video is too short compared to how the TE 630 aligns to my waist.

To dismount I have to have left fit on the ground (as there is no side stand on the TE 630 that can be deployed while sitting on the bike).
    When I put the left fit down, I cannot swing my right fit such that it clears the side bags and the top case.