1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc PV Spring Options

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by freezerGeezer, Dec 19, 2016.

1. freezerGeezer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 CR 165
    Looking for some input input on this......

I have the 165 + Lectron, geared 13/51, havent put many hrs on the bike since installing but really like the feel of linear power and the bottom end grunt it now has.

Will be entering some local Enduro/H&H events in the new year and starting to get the bike set up & ready. Ive got the spring kit but haven't touched it yet, question is should I be considering the green/white combo? or leave stock?

What's everyone else using on there 165's?

2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I did not use Walts spring kit but used what ever I could find that fitted and ended up with a softer big spring and a small but short stiff inner spring as it would seem when the govenor ramps up it opens real quick in the latter stages so the short stiff spring slows this up.
    Power ramps up early and just keeps going and going without much of a hit anywhere just a long strong pull, I use a small rotor/flywheel that makes the power come on a bit earlier and stronger than the WR setup.
    Used roughly the same setup on the 144, Not saying its everyones cup of tea but works well for me.
    freezerGeezer likes this.
  3. freezerGeezer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 CR 165
    Thanks Jonnyboy!:cheers:

Think I will have to experiment but as it stands, fairly nice usable power through the range but there's still quite an aggressive hard hit up top. Great fun but not ideal on the tight slippery stuff.
    (Mine is CR rotor/flywheel).
  4. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Try just adding a short stiff spring with the stocker then as this may smooth the aggression out and make it more 4 stroke ish .
    Strange as it may seem I found a lighter big spring that allows the power valve to start to open earlier improved the bottom / mid pull somewhat - seems backwards but thats how it worked for me.