1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

pretty sure I am giving up on my txc310r

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by KazumaRyu, Jun 21, 2015.

1. KazumaRyu Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r and 2008 510smr
    So i have had the bike for three months now and after replacing the starter motor, having overheating issues, now having valve noise, and the starter just gone out again. I think it is going to be up for sale. The last hare scramble race we did was 100+* and it puked a little oil out the air box. I am just thinking i don't want to bother with it. anyone else have/had similar issues and just pushed through it?
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I don't have any of those issues. The starter motor is small and should not be abused. If your bike is hard to start and takes a lot of cranking over to get it to fire you will burn up starters.
    Oil in the airbox can be cause by long periods of high rpm riding or the oil be over filled.
    R_Little likes this.
  3. KazumaRyu Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r and 2008 510smr
    it is highly likely i over filled my oil. the race was a 2 hour flat out race. so that may be it too. I found someone willing to trade a 2011 ktm 150sx and some cash for my bike. I am probably going to take up the offer
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2010 TE250 was one of the 1st ones in the US.
    I had all the starter, valve cap, fuel pump problems ad naseum for the 1st year..
    It has run fine for the last 3 years
    Jimmy250 and Johnrg like this.
  5. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Apparently those of us that have remained have a higher pain threshold than you. :banghead: I have been the starter, woodruff key, Flywheel issues. It's a shame because when the bike run's it's great I completely love everything about it except the lack of a wide ratio transmission. Unfortunately it never run's the way I want it to. My starter motor sometimes turn's over and sometimes just gets stuck. These bike's need lots of love! like LOTS and LOTS in order to run like you want them to for long periods of time. Best of luck with the KTM well see the next owner on here soon.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I found the best thing to do about the starter is to use it sparingly to re-lite on trail stalls, which after I've "I-beaten" it to perfection is very rare.

It kick starts easily. 1-2 max.

Once it finally goes away I will remove the E-start entirely!
  7. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    My starter works fine since day 1 every time whether hot or cold. everything is stock with the starter. I did slightly adj my valves at 500 miles. I also trickle charge my battery 24/7. Maybe a strong battery is the ticket?