1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Power for replacement dash

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rickyme, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Rickyme Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650, WR300 both 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR 600 Belgarda
    I smashed the dash on my 13 WR 300 ages ago and have just got around to buying a trail tech replacement.
    Trail Tech seems to plug straight into the sender wire from the wheel but Im not sure which wire will give power from the stator.
    Theres a few wires there, are they all carrying the same power (apart from earth which I assume is there also) and so any of them will do if its carrying current?
    Also cant find a wiring diagram which has the correct colours for my 2012 built Aussie WR, the one up to 2011 isnt correct
    can anyone point me in the right direction please
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yellow under tank
  3. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    Is there a stock plug on that yellow wire that'll work with the trail tech unit?

Just put a trail tech endurance II on my WR300. I've just been using battery power only as I assumed there wasn't something to use stock and I didn't wanna cut into the stock harness.

Heath
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Nah no plug from memory there's just a spare power(yellow) wire under tank coming out of coil/ignition. Same on my 10 wr300 & 13 wr165. Think it's a female bullet type connection so I just got the equivalent male & crimped onto red wire of speedo then earthed at coil earth/mount on frame. Both mine endurance 2 no probs at all bar a flat battery after a couple of years.
    Actually the one on my 300 has stopped picking up signal(everything else still works) & it's not cable as tried a few. Can't complain I guess after 120+ hours(4500km) on it. Not worth fixing I don't think & too exy to post back to trailtech to get inspected. Second one that has done it must be internal pick up sensor failing. For $130 can buy an entire new set up so not too bad. I never cover them whilst washing either
  5. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    Thanks man. I had such fun wrestling the IMS tank on there, I'll likely wait until I have to pull the tank for another reason before venturing to hook the endurance II to yellow power wire. For now, I'll just use the 'ol battery power.

I've only had mine on the WR for a month or two now, but I don't give it any protection from the wet. It poured rain on us several days during a big ride a couple of weekends ago and I pressure washed the bike when I got home. So far, all that water hasn't hurt the thing. LOL

Heath
  6. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    How do you guys mount the Trailtech units? My stock unit on the 2010 wr250 is getting flakey. Been thinkin about installing a trailtech
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    If ya got the oem plastic mount that bolts into triples it's a direct swap. Otherwise use the plastic mount that comes with it. Bit flimsy but mine has never failed