1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Power Commander V installation on TE449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dogs Breakfast, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Dogs Breakfast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Ossa TR280i , 1996 Yamaha TZ250
    Hi guys,
    I have just pulled the trigger on a Power Commander V with dual map switch for my 2011 TE449 with the hope of it curing the flame outs. I have race map 2, no O2 sensor, Akrapovic std exhaust.
    I have a few questions
    1) where is the best place to install the control unit? (Photos?)
    2) what are the best 2 maps to install - I am looking for 1 map with a similar amount of power to now, plus another softer map for muddy difficult conditions ( I trail ride it, not race it)

Is there much stuffing around to fit & program it?

Appreciate any input from those who have put a PC5 on a similar setup.

Cheers
    Ian
  2. domrvt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 CT90, 1982 NU50M
    I installed mine on the left panel. Seems ok there but a little tight to plug in the usb cable. Make sure you know where all the connections go before you get started. The wires are pretty short so you want to route them per the instructions.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Stock TE449 horsepower is 31. There is no way to keep that lower level of hp and have the engine be stall free. Best bet is to load our factory map which will yield close to 46hp for the 449 and 51hp on the 511 with open exhaust. You can make a lower power map by retarding the advance and lowering fuel output after 3000 rpm, but may tend to stall.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/zipty-husqvarna-factory-powercommander-5-race-maps.33459/
    http://www.tinken.com/ziptyracing/racemaps/2011 Husqvarna ZipTy Full Factory Race Map.rar
  4. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
    I´ve also installed my PCV behind left panel, but considers to move it to under seat. Someone told me PCV can be sensitive to water, probably true as for all other electronics. Im gonna put a condom over it and strap on to the bike, hihi.
    About flame outs, what I found as a improvement is a retard timing about 10 - 12 degrees on low revs, based on ZipTy full factory map. With that map I drive in eights round the orange roadside cone +600cc-bikes easily.
    PCV has fast n easy connection to a Laptop and very user-friendly interface. I´m happy with it:banana:
  5. Dogs Breakfast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Ossa TR280i , 1996 Yamaha TZ250
    Domrvt, Tinken and Mojorod. ...... thanks heaps for your replies.
    The PCV is in. I considered against the black fuel tank, but then decided just behind the air box was better.
    The ZipTy full race map is loaded (with no changes) (thanks Tinken and Ty)

I had a good look at the pre-loaded map which is for a 2010 TC450 which I found really surprising. It is also VERY lean. I overwrote this map and put on the Power Commander TE511 map (m23-007-002) as the 2nd map until I can find something better ...... my thinking is that it should be a richer version of the 449 map. Besides, I don't have to use this map if it doesn't work well.
    I am planning on taking the bike for a test ride this weekend to see how it runs. Stalling is the critical issue for me.

Cheers
    Ian
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I've got my PCV and Autotune Modules tucked in side by side behind the left panel and it's the ideal location. Haven't had any water issues although I've never
    submerged it in deep water it does get a thorough washing at least once a week.
    I've been wanting to chime in and give an update since I've had the Autotune for a few months now and this is as good a thread as any, rather than start a new one.
    At first I was skeptical about spending the extra money for the Autotune Module because I've been so pleased with how the bike has been running with just the PCV.
    The flameouts were my biggest concern and the PCV cured that issue and the bike runs great. I've stated before that I thought the power increase that the JD Tuner
    provided was more noticeable than the PCV but flameouts were still an issue.
    So a few months ago I sucked it up and got the Autotune because ......I've read that it's worth it.......uh..I'm addicted to upgrades for my bike..etc.... Didn't know
    what to expect and for the first couple rides it didn't seem like there was any difference. After the first week or so I bought a laptop so I could connect to it and save
    the trims and see whats going on. Not that I actually understand these FI tables and what all these numbers actually mean. I do but not well enough to makes the
    adjustments manually. Anyway the Autotune clearly has been working and creating the right maps because my bike has suddenly become a rocket. The power is unbelievable. It is so noticeable now and I'm loving it. Now this may be in part that I've never really ridden on the street much or actually had the urge to find a road
    and let her rip (which I've done a few times recently with the AT) but I the few times that I've let er' rip prior to AT do not compare to now. The bike has finally become
    a screamer. I'm not sure why it took this long but it's amazing the heck out of me. I'd like to get her on a Dyno sometime. Thanks to Tinken for his invaluable input on this site. My next fix will probably be suspension from Ziptye.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You should try adding a switch to your pcv and loading the Burson map for comparison.
  8. domrvt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 CT90, 1982 NU50M
    Which map did you start with on the PCV? I'm having stalling issues with mine, but I suspect it's an overheating issue rather than a flame-out issue.
  9. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The map that was originally loaded on my PCV when I first got it wasn't the correct map for my bike. Come to find out later
    that they loaded a map for a sportbike on mine and some dude with a sportbike in North Carolina rec'd his PCV with a TE511 map.
    Needless to say, it ran like crap at first so I took it to a local shop with a great mechanic who really knows FI and he got it dialed in
    with just a computer. So the map that he created is my original base map. Now that I've been running the Autotune for the past 700-800 miles
    or so I believe my bike has reached it's peak. So I've saved the latest trim to be my base map and turned off the learn mode and am just running
    base map. I could turn AT back on with the flick of a switch on my bars but it's all good right now and I don't want to risk messing it up. I do have
    a copy on my laptop of the map but I'm content with how it's running now so no more learning needed now.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It's not running at it's peak, but if you are content with the way it is running, that's fine.
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, for the trails I normally ride there's more than enough power but not having to worry about flame outs on a rocky step up
    etc... is the icing on the cake. Would you suggest lowering the adjustment percent but keep the AT on ? I considered that but
    am a little weary. You know the ol' saying "if it ain't broke...."
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'd run a few more miles first, then set it down to 5%
  13. Sacgsxr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te449 '11
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 gsxr 1000

The first link doesnt work anymore and the second link is for a 2012 with Map 3. I have tried the second and it bogs a bit at WOT. Do you have a map for the 2011 te449 with FMF pipe and stock air filter? thanks
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Open up the field adjustment and add five percent more fuel on the top. Recheck wide open throttle.
  15. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Are the 2011 maps different then a map for my2013? If so where can I find them?
  16. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    For installation spaces I found that by swapping a lithium battery I was able to use the space gained in the battery box for the PCV and the auto tune went right on top as the lithium is shorter and skinnier than the lead battery.
    DJay likes this.
  17. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    That's a great idea!
  18. Kevin_te449 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Hey guys! When installing the PCV, do you need to keep the Race Map2 wire loom plugged and the O2 sensor removed?
  19. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    Yes I believe so. You could probably unplug race map2 and still tune it with the pcv, but you would need to alter the map or use different map.
  20. Kevin_te449 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Do someone has a picture of their fuel map , using the autotune? (TE449)