Power commander on 08 sm610

Discussion in '610/630' started by baystr, Feb 13, 2011.

1. baystr Husqvarna

anyone switched to a powercommander and dyno tuned a sm 610? cant seem to find reliable info on wether or not its worth the money............I would love to see a comparison dyno chart
  2. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam RD350, Kawa KB-100, 07 Fireblade
    Same here. I bought a PC-III (didn't want AutoTune). JD and Bazzaz do not ship to where I'm at. If someone could point me to a thread that talks about how to tune a PC-III for the SM-610 (2008 model), I'd be very grateful. I just want to get rid of that irritating off-idle-bog-and-shoot thing that the bike does, once warmed up. Any more power would be good too. I don't want to buy a louder pipe (the big stuff just gets stuck at customs and no one likes to carry a huge-ass exhaust system in their luggage, so can't ask friends either) so I was thinking just gutting the cat-con on this one and putting a straight-through. Will that work?

Also, the manual says, no additives should be used in the fuel or oil. So should I stick to normal pump gas (around 87 to 91 octane) or go with Premium (98 octane but has additives "to reduce friction")?
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    If you bought the bike specific Power Commander it should have a pretty good map installed already.

Our bikes are designed for premium fuel (91-93 in the USA).

vivekjayasheel likes this.
  4. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam RD350, Kawa KB-100, 07 Fireblade
    Yes I bought the PC-III for the SM610. I don't think one can buy a generic PC but I could be wrong.

I hope it can get rid of the bog-and-surge she does just off idle now. Very irritating in corners.