Power Commander Install Question?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by incadence17, May 27, 2013.

1. incadence17 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum/thread but I recently installed a PCV on my 2009 smr 510. I think I might have spliced into the wrong wire as the power light comes on the PCV but when I plug in a laptop it wont let me load the map from the bike or send and maps to the PCV. Does anyone have any pics as to the proper wire to have it spliced into? I have read that the instructions specify the wrong wire. Do I have a bad PCV?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I moved your post so it would get the proper attention it deserves. I do not have the install instructions at this time.
  3. moremeds17 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 510
    Just wanted to bump this as I haven't been able to get it to work....please help!
  4. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    I do not know any of this will help, I do not know if you tried it.

My pcv manual reads like this and i install PVC like this instructions say, but if you want to secure that, use search

Crimp the supplied wire tap to the ORANGE wire of the ECU harness
    This is the 3rd wire from the end, on the top row of the ECU
    Attach Grey wire from PCV to the wire tap

If not working, you must do better connection those wires

Remember to put that
    Attach the ground wire from the PVC to the negative side of this battery

Autotune
    If you buy autotune in new, there is good instructions.
  5. quadmaster206 Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. quadmaster206 Husqvarna
    AA Class

im installing a pcv on my 2010 sm450.my instructions read the same.my only concern is that the 3rd wire from the end top row is orange with black strip.solid orange is actually the 5th wire over.only 2 away.so my question is, is it the orange and black wire(3), or the 5th(solid orange) wire from end,on the top row??anyone else experience this?any help would be great.
  7. Ryan T. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR 510

My 09 SMR510 was Orange with a black line. It shows in the dynojet instructions to connect to that one for my specific bike. It's been installed and running with no issues.
  8. Bad Juju Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki M109
    My 08 Te510 was also Orange/black for 3rd wire... Orange for 5th. Tapped into 3rd, no volts??