Pourcel to Rock Star Energy Husky

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by TemecuCoastie, Apr 27, 2015.

1. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How do these skinny little kids hold onto those bikes and make them go so fast? :) Should be a real interesting year.
  3. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    He has a strange riding style,like he is out for a relaxing ride thru the campground.Ever see him with a small fan mounted to the bars at the gate?
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha it doesn't take as much strength for a skinny kid to hold on to a bike as it does a fat kid or old fat man like me :lol:. The old weight in motion law.
    Kam1 and Motosportz like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    From what I just read, this guy has been around the block before (26yrsOld) but limited MX racing in the states... Not the first time on a 4fitty either but that stuff was over in the FIM series... He could surprise and be a steady top 5-6 place guy and do a podium from time to time? We'll see if he fades towards the end of the season as most rookies do ...

I'm on board with him and good luck ... And I used the word rookie above ..This guy is not a rookie in the same sense as JA ...
  6. Cookies Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Had: 78 390 Auto, 83 cr250 84 cr250
    I got to hang with Cooper Webb and Will Hahn a couple of weeks ago, they are really little people. I couldn't get over how small they are. Maybe the days of Emig and Bailey size are no longer in the sport?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Peick
    NCSteve and TemecuCoastie like this.
  8. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Seen the fan. Had to do a double take.

His style is great. He looks so fluid, just like he's out cruising only he's really hauling a$$.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Reminds me somewhat of Kevin Windom.
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I remember he was poised to take the 250 outdoor title but ran into some bad luck at the last race and gave it to Canard. Glad he's back
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    He's an enigma wrapped in a mystery and hidden by a question mark.
    NCSteve, water racer and jimjim like this.
  12. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Now that is funny!
  13. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking at all the hoping around on the bike sizes and countries, makes me think of the Jason Thomas interview where he was talking about racing as a business and just trying to find a niche where he could pay the bills and earn a living ... But this guy here obviously has more financial backing than JT from somewhere ...

012 looks like the last time he was on a 450 and he did get 2 FIM wins .... Had some wins in 011 also on a 450... He did 250 MX series just last yr so he knows the ropes in the states... Maybe he'll have a break out yr...
  15. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    He was w/Pro Circuit a few years ago and was a beast in the lights class.
  16. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Peick is a Middle Linebacker for sure. In fact, I think he played that position in High School.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I talked with RC4 once yrs ago at Seattle SX ...he walked from the pits to the track with about 10 people surrounding him but walked back alone... He was short but like a stump ...The rider that was booted last yr and this yr was there also and even littler ... He looked like a kid in middle school.

Of course I asked RC4 about riding a Husky and he said 'That's the last bike I'd ride' ... and 'Do they still make that bike?" ... Of course now he knows that the Husky brand is still being made and if ktm wanted him, they can afford him and he would say yes.

--

I got right up to some world class surfers in Hawaii also at Pipe ... Not all but most those guys were very short and very stocky also ... Those guys came right out of the water and on the beach and sat down in the sand ... Saw some of the Kenyan world class marathoners in HI also ... Some were tiny guys ... 5' 0" maybe ...
  18. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All about HP to weight ratio.
    Big Balls little Brain.
    Many home schooled but can't even fill out entry form.
    Prescription enhanced Chemically produced food and drink to make it happen.
    Not saying it's all this way as there is some great talent there and do enjoy watching it.
    Miss seeing the 6'+ 200# manage a 500cc 2 or 4 stroke on the track.
    Thing about getting old is got to see and live it still able to remember it.
    Mx today reminds me of the old movie Roller Ball and the corporate involvement.
    Just my 2 cents for the day.
    Later George
    NCSteve, Thumperama and Chayzed Pilot like this.
  19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    haha...so true. I remember the first nationals I went to as a kid, the iron men of europe vs the wild eyed, long haired american kids. I don't care for the direction the industry and the tracks took since then. I agree there's still some great talent and I've gotten used to it. Even enjoy the SX season these days. Had to go look at some Pourcel racing to remember, here's some pretty good footage and a little history:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW5g1pt8Os4

:cheers:
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I don't think it is possible to race an AMA SX track at these guys speed without an excellent memory ...

Just remembering the track layout is past most of us... Then you gotta remember how far each double is ...how far each triple is ... Then, on the fly, a simple mistake and you gotta change from a triple to a single or a DBL to a single anywhere on the track ... Go get on a track and you'll understand and maybe become a champ... maybe not. Can a person have an excellent memory and a small brain? Maybe but I don't think so, at least not in all cases.

I'll say MX racing is easier than SX racing any day except 2 motos for MX racing makes it more grueling but its not nearly as technical ...