Post your KYB SM settings/setups!

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by huskylove, Apr 27, 2014.

1. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    My bike;

2014 te 511.

warp 9 wheels f/r with 160 rear on 5" rim.

15mm offset triple clamps

320mm floating rotor with stock caliper/pads/motorex fluid.

Back wheel is in the middle of the swingarm adjustment

15/44 gearing.

Rider;

5' 6" 147lbs. Expierience primarily road going supermoto, also blasting around the kart track a lot.

Front and rear suspension were setup to match factory smr449/511 marzocchi height.

Front was lowered with spacer, and cutting the factory springs.

Rear was done the same way but using stock spring.

Bike was lowered an ADDITIONAL 1" front and rear evenly after setting to smr length.

Got the thing lowered to smr specs then lowered 1" additional.

Using stock valving, stock front springs cut, it is sprung a bit tight for me front in the initial part of the stroke and is affecting rebound.

I am using 75% of my fork compression adjustment, and 100% rebound damping and still rebounding too fast. When I transition from braking to throttle the front springs up, without really compressing the rear. So looks like the kyb needs a revalve. That said, it handles jumps PERFECTLY! It is quite amazing I have jumped a few 1-2' of air jumps on the road and in a park and man it just sticks the landing with no bounce or anything.

Rear is using 90% compression and 80% rebound turned in. Feels quite good!

It is very "close" for a road supermoto and EXTREMELY STABLE! Almost too stable.

on Top of the lowering on top of I have slid the forks up an ADDITIONAL 1" on SMR specs, and still feel like I am lacking weight on the nose.

Bike ends up "riding the rear" as in I hit gravel at 50mph in a corner, slid 90 degrees out with the ass end, and the front just slid to match the rear and the damper stopped the steering when it got straight. Just a nice slide then CHIRP, and the bike was straight again. Quite amazing. I got too comfortable that day :)

So how do I get more rebound damping without affecting anything else?

Only want to be able to slow the front forks down. That is my main goal, as they are rising too fast and causing me to again ride the rear. What is odd is it finishes corners perfectly without going wide or understeering.