Possibly buying SMS 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by Teacherman, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    I am selling my VStrom and someone wants to trade an 11 SMS 630. I have been reading a lot about this bike lately and it sounds awesome. I test rode it today and was very impressed with the power and the handling. My concern is it has a leaking radiator and the fuel mapping is horrific. It includes a JD efi programmer that isn’t installed so I’m sure that is fixable. I am guessing a simple radiator replacement will take care of the leak. I am asking $4200 for my VStrom and he REALLY wants my bike. He is willing to add some cash to the deal. I’m thinking $1000 to $1250 boot in the event it is more than a simple radiator swap. That would put the bike at about $3000. It has about 10,000 miles and looks clean other than the radiator. I am really looking for a dual sport and I have read that this bike is almost impossible to add 21/18” wheels. If this is the case and I tire of this bike, I would be looking to sell it. Question 1-Is it possible to add 21/18” wheels? 2- What are these bikes selling for these days?
    Thanks
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    That price seems OK to me, but I am in the UK not the US.

Did you see if the Lambda is still in place in the exhaust? If it's been replaced with the bung and the resistor is wired in, it shouldn't fuel too badly. You can adjust the fuel with a simple cable and laptop software, mine runs nice with no extra tuning kit on it.

Check on here about adding the bigger wheels. I run my TE with 17" SM wheels as well as the 21/18 OEM. If you really want the off road option, look for a TE and add SM wheels.
  3. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    He has agreed to $1500 cash as boot. I forgot to mention he is throwing in two exhaust cans. Not sure what brand, but they are not installed.
  4. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    The Lamda is still in place so I am guessing the power up mod was never completed.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    The OEM cans are really heavy, good to change them out.